PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Options For Rear Deck

loudandheard
06-30-2005, 10:23 PM
I already have a good set up, but last time I looked underneath the rear deck I realized that I could add more speakers. So far I have a component set in the front, coaxils in the back, and subs in the trunk. I just want to know your opinion if adding speakers to the rear deck would make a big difference. If so, what size speakers should I get?

Denlasoul
07-01-2005, 08:09 AM
You can buy speaker adapters to fit 6.5" in the rear deck. I'll try and find the link for you.

sleek_benzo
07-01-2005, 10:03 AM
i'm not sure what you're trying to do.. ????? and wouldn't recommend it...

BUT what would be cool is two 8" free air.. that would be interesting...

pnsji
07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I would take out all the rear speakers.
Search for front staging.

loudandheard
07-01-2005, 06:20 PM
I get what you're saying, I had my system kind of like that. I had more power to the component sets in the front and less in the back, but the passengers in the back thought that there was more sound coming from the front, which they said was weird. I am in the process of getting a four channel amp that would give equal power to all of the interior speakers. I was wondering what you would recommend doing. I have mb quart q series 5.25 in the front and mb quart 5.25 coaxials in the rear doors. I plan on using the mb quart raa4200 to amplify the interior speakers. I also have mb quart subs in the back and a mb quart amp powering the subs. I am providing signal for everything through an eclipse 55090 and 39011 digital sound processor.

alphanumeric
07-01-2005, 08:52 PM
I custom installed some pioneer 6x9 3ways in the rear.. just requires about 30min with an angle grinder.. they fit so nice too.. and all my speakers are powered by an alpine v12 amp.. sounds really good.

solodough
07-02-2005, 12:34 AM
does IASCA still prefer "front stage, rear fill, with a strong center image" ?
rear deck speakers may help raise the sound stage in that case.