PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining a lowered W202 w/ hard suspension.

yusuke280
07-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Just wondering, other than exterior cautions such as scraping the body is there any factors to watch out internally? i reckon the bumps are uncomfortable :P o well

and with the front lowered, you feel some "lose" steering when its turned 80%+, is that a harm to the car?

thanks,

fastmayte
07-01-2005, 07:32 PM
more than a year on cut h&r's, i'm doing ok. just careful where i park, like stay away, and i go slow on speed bumps. haven't really damaged anything when i scrape.

as far as steering goes, dw about it, no harn here. after about 80% of the turn, it feels like one wheel turns more than the other but no harm to anythin unless u're going at 100% turning all day long in circles.

have fun

Ashkan's C280
07-02-2005, 06:24 AM
how do you make the steering feel more "stiff", when i turn the wheel it just seems loose, I want it stiff as when I turn the wheel silightly it responds with a quick turn, and ideas?

fastmayte
07-02-2005, 07:10 PM
well, i heard that the c36 and 43 steering box is more responsive than the regulars.

Under Pressure
07-02-2005, 07:17 PM
I had lots of camber, and wore out inside of my tires in about 6 months. It was expensive going through 8 tires a year. I didnt know of anyone making any camber correction bolts, so I had to live with it...

HavoK
07-06-2005, 03:39 AM
Quick question.
I've a 2000 W202 C240.

Question.
I cant seem to get a decent set of lowering springs here in SA so would the springs from a W202 230 kompressor work?

kameraguy
07-06-2005, 09:23 AM
To add to things to consider with a stiffer suspension setup are the suspension and control arm busings which may wear faster. If needed to be replaced, I know there was discussion of good alternatives to OEM bushings to enhance the suspension further. Actually, you might want to check your bushings to make sure they are still good, as that might contribute to some sloppiness in steering. For me, I have some steering slop and when I checked, some of my bushings are way worn. So I am replacing them this month.

Also, you might want to make sure your steering damper is in good order too.

Regarding one wheel steering more than the other at extreme angles, this sounds similar to an RC car as they have what's called Ackerman. Not sure if a car would employ the same effect?