PDA

View Full Version : alipne cd player 95 c36

joboo
07-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know if I can use a VW/Audi wire harness to hook ip my alpine deck? What year and car model of harness do I need? Or do I need to hard wire it myself? Also, do I need to make some specail bracket to mount 5 1/4" in the doors? I have Bose system and plan on replacing the entire system with aftermarket goodies.

J Irwan
07-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by joboo
Does anyone know if I can use a VW/Audi wire harness to hook ip my alpine deck? What year and car model of harness do I need? Or do I need to hard wire it myself? Also, do I need to make some specail bracket to mount 5 1/4" in the doors? I have Bose system and plan on replacing the entire system with aftermarket goodies.

Joboo believe it or not the radio harness to connect to aftermarket headunit without splicing cable is the same for Audi, VW and MB.

I got my at www.peripheralelectronics.com

This is the part number for the radio harness BHA1784
and you will need adapter for Antenna radio AADP7

[edit: you could get them online at www.autosoundgear.com. Calle them up ;)]

As for your front door Bose system uses 4" midbass driver with very unique enclosure.
To be able to fit it 5.25" or 6.5" driver on the front door, you will need to buy a special adapter.

I got help from Koolvin to obtain the adapter for 6.5" driver.. (he is in UK btw... ;) Thanks again Mate )

Regardz,

J Irwan

rode8
07-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Does the radio wiring harness for the audi/vw have the correct color codes on the wires or do you have to find what wire goes to what speakers and power? If not does anyone know what wire(color code) goes to what speaker on a 99 c280(radio wiring diagram). Do you have to buy a bose adaptor? Im planning to upgrade the deck but dont want to get rid of the speakers yet.

Ronaldo
99 c280

pnsji
07-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by rode8
Does the radio wiring harness for the audi/vw have the correct color codes on the wires or do you have to find what wire goes to what speakers and power? If not does anyone know what wire(color code) goes to what speaker on a 99 c280(radio wiring diagram). Do you have to buy a bose adaptor? Im planning to upgrade the deck but dont want to get rid of the speakers yet.

Ronaldo
99 c280

Ronaldo,

I posted the wiring diagram
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367

J Irwan
07-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by rode8

Ronaldo
99 c280

Yes the purpose for this wiring other than not cutting your OEM harness, also that you won't have to find which cable for what...

Basically when you buy this there will a be a piece of paper that comes with it. it is an intruction and explanatoin of the color code and what wire is that for..

The same goes for your aftermarket headunit, the wires that came out of it , should have label for 12V, Ground, Front left (+). Front Left (-) etc..

Then all you have to do is to matches these wires and the harness..

After everything connected, then you could plugin the radio harness, to the harness in the car..

is that simple..

Regardz,

rode8
07-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Thank You all for replying !!!:) I was hesitant to upgrade my radio because the stereo shops said that they had to cut the wires!! I didnt want anything cut!! Now I can buy the deck and put it in myself!!

Ronaldo
1999 c280

pnsji
07-03-2003, 03:04 PM
One of the thing if I remember correctly is the constant 12V and Ignition was flip backwards from VW and MB. Just double check it with voltmeter when you install it.

jnolte
02-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
One of the thing if I remember correctly is the constant 12V and Ignition was flip backwards from VW and MB. Just double check it with voltmeter when you install it.

Is this the reason my memory will not stay on my clarion? Do i need to switch these to wires areound? can someone verify i dont have a voltmeter... :(

pnsji
02-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
Is this the reason my memory will not stay on my clarion? Do i need to switch these to wires areound? can someone verify i dont have a voltmeter... :(
yes