PDA

View Full Version : Rims on ebay

loudandheard
07-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I was looking at pnsj's old car and liked the black rim look. I also like the milano style rims. Suprisingly enough I found some black milano style rims on ebay balck rims on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4559176224&category=6755). I was wondering what everyone thought of the rims, could some one photoshop these rims on a black 202. I would really appreciate it. I want to know what it will look like before I try to buy them. I think the price is pretty resonable also.

Denlasoul
07-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Black faced wheels look really nice IMHO. I think that this wheel (with color) would look better on a CLK, as it is more aggressive styling than the W202.

Under Pressure
07-02-2005, 07:20 AM
$1,000 is way too much to pay for some fake Carlsson wheels. If you are patient enough, you may find some real Carlsson wheels for less than that on ebay.

Also, is your car black? Those fake Carlssons may be a different shade of black than your car - not good.

Those are 19" wheels too. The staggered set-up with 9.5" wide in rear and 8.5" in front would require fender modification to get them to fit without rubbing or hitting the fenders. 19" tires are also very very very expensive.

I say pass up these wheels, and wait until you find some authentic 18" Carlssons with tires instead. If you want the black look, beter have a body shop paint it to have a perfect match on your car (unless your car isnt black)

loudandheard
07-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Wow, I never would have even thought about the color matching my car. I really like 19's, but I guess I didn't do enough research to see how much the tires would cost and what I would have to do to fit them. If I can get them cheaper I would definitely do that instead also. Thanks for the help, I still would like to see them on a black car, though.

crsh2
07-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by loudandheard
Wow still would like to see them on a black car, though.

check out my post here
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6954&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

loudandheard
07-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks for showing me the link to the pics. I'm still undecided as to the way they look, maybe if I could see the car with both rims in black. It is such a hard decision between the black and the hyper silver. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

loudandheard
07-03-2005, 06:12 PM
What do you guys think is a reasonable price for carlsson replicas? Where could I get the best deal, maybe for rims and tires?

loudandheard
07-03-2005, 09:06 PM
What kind of rims are those in the link and where can I get those?

Under Pressure
07-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by loudandheard
What do you guys think is a reasonable price for carlsson replicas? Where could I get the best deal, maybe for rims and tires?

I bet you can find REAL Carlsson for under $1k if you are patient enough. I am not down with replicas though.

sleek_benzo
07-04-2005, 12:47 AM
those are Monet Gothic.. from what i've read the quality is good.. it's really up to you.. your money...i say go for it...