PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads.....!

r0csfinest
07-04-2005, 08:02 AM
I hate how the brake pads produce so much dust after like a day or two of driving. Anybody know any good brands of brake pads I can get.

yusuke280
07-04-2005, 08:04 AM
yes -_-" especialyl when u have rims like BBS, the black shite stick to your rims and fustrating to wash out ~~

crsh2
07-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by r0csfinest
I hate how the brake pads produce so much dust after like a day or two of driving. Anybody know any good brands of brake pads I can get.

heres is the Tread with the brake pad question
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4482

i change the pads to pbr deluxe and the brake dust is gone
i drive the car for 2 weeks without washing and the rims still shines.

PBR Deluxe
Cons= brake squeal at low speed when cold
Stopping power not as great 7 out of 10
It looks harsh on rotor

Pros= No Brake Dust at all

I suggest if you do change the pad just pbr on the front only
back one with original isn't that bad anyway

goodluck

jnenad16
07-04-2005, 11:51 AM
EBC green stuff is what I used with good results, both better braking power and much less dust.

nenad

Dr.Drew
07-04-2005, 04:22 PM
what you guys dont wash your car everyday :eek:

Ashkan's C280
07-04-2005, 04:53 PM
heh I perfer to steve's moto, mercs are meant for driving not washing, granted I like my car to be clean all the time, I hardly wash it.....

Sulaco
07-04-2005, 08:26 PM
I almost never wash mine either. It's the early model deep metallic green that stays clean for quite a while.

Anyways, I put new pads on the front only about 4 years ago. I got them at NAPA and can't even remember what they are. The guy told me I had 2 choices, one choice was around $20, and the other was $95. I went with the $95 pads and I normally can't even tell there's dust on my wheels for about 2 weeks after I wash it.

Stopping power is pretty damn good, also.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the damn name! So, I might as well have not even posted this...