PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard Stock Bodykit

loudandheard
07-06-2005, 09:43 AM
I was at the junk yard trying to look for some part and I found a black 202. I'm not sure what year or model, but it had black moldings and and black door handles. I managed to buy the side skirts and the front and rear bumper pieces. There were no model badges, but the weird thing was that the mercedes symbol on the trunk lid was black. I noticed that the chrome pieces were painted black unless it came like that originally. The painting was done well, but I knew it was painted because in the front there was a chip in the paint from the front end collision. I hope to get some pics up soon of the car and the body kit. If it doesn't fit I plan on seeling it. Oh and there was no amg badges anywhere and I think it was newer than a 96, but the bumpers did not seem updated.

loudandheard
07-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Here is a link to the pics of the car at the junk yard adn some pics of the body kit. JUNK YARD PICS (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1855532/7)

crsh2
07-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by loudandheard
I was at the junk yard trying to look for some part and I found a black 202. I'm not sure what year or model, but it had black moldings and and black door handles. I managed to buy the side skirts and the front and rear bumper pieces. There were no model badges, but the weird thing was that the mercedes symbol on the trunk lid was black. I noticed that the chrome pieces were painted black unless it came like that originally. The painting was done well, but I knew it was painted because in the front there was a chip in the paint from the front end collision. I hope to get some pics up soon of the car and the body kit. If it doesn't fit I plan on seeling it. Oh and there was no amg badges anywhere and I think it was newer than a 96, but the bumpers did not seem updated.

Man, getting that accident might be the best thing happen to your car. j/k
now its getting all the update that it never had when it was running :D

how much did you get the bumpers and the sidesill? a break down on price would be nice, if you dont mind.

thanks

nokia8860
07-06-2005, 10:29 AM
It appears to be a model updated 202 and where someone got a little happy with black spray paint :)

Keep in mind that if you have 96 car and you wish to install the front and rear bumpers that they are physically different and will require new bumper guide rails to attach the bumper cover.

You can search the site for more information on putting on updated bumpers on an older 202.

Sideskirts will fit regardless.

Androulakis
07-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Does the interior dash have wood or fake cf? That will determine if the car originally had chrome or black moldings.

Any rust or scratches in the paint on the trunklid?

Is the car 040 or obsidian black? (It should be in the door jam).

I may be interested in the trunk lid if it is perfect / near perfect.

Let me know,

George

loudandheard
07-06-2005, 03:49 PM
It had wood grain and not carbon fiber if I remember right. I don't know how much the trunk lid was, but it seemed to be in excellent condition. I think they have two trunk lids, one black and one blue. I just assumed that the moldings had come factory, because there were only slight marks were the car was hit in the front that revealed metal. I thought it was the weirdest thing. I picked up the whole kit for a little under $300.

Androulakis
07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Could you find out about the black trunk, and if its factory paint or not, as well as the actual color?

I have a small rust spot on mine, nostly under the plate, but ive been reluctant to get it fixed due to not wanting the car to have paintwork.

Thanks,

George

loudandheard
07-06-2005, 04:02 PM
I'll see what I can do

Androulakis
07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks...

The one thing that makes me thing its not factory paint, is that usually (at least on my MB's) the trunk has a vin sticker under where the plate would go.

From your pictures it doesnt seem like that is intact, and it seems highly unusual that someone would abritrarily peel it off.

Take care,

George

loudandheard
07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
If you could take a picture of it, Icould tell a little better. M car is black and Ihave never noticed it.

Androulakis
07-06-2005, 04:16 PM
This isnt the greatest pic, but I have a bunch of dynamat behind my plate now, so it the best I could do without tearing things apart.

I circled the vin sticker in red.

Basically what it is is a 1 inch tall by about 3 inch sticker. The top stripe is black and says Mercedes-Benz

The bottom white stripe has the actual vin of the car. All the body panels have them, doors, fenders, hood etc... IF they are original.

Take care,

George

http://www.mbaudiowerks.com/images/vinsticker.jpg

loudandheard
07-06-2005, 04:24 PM
I see what you are talking about. I took a closer look at the pic and I can see where a sticker was and it looks to be the same dimensions as you described. I wish it was a better photo, but I only had my cell on me. The car was just brought in and still had almost everythin on it.

loudandheard
07-07-2005, 08:01 AM
I have the number to the junk yard, it's called milton motors, 713-694-7933, 713-694-7968, 713-694-8834. Not sure why there are three numbers, but just try one. I would try to get them to give me a better deal. They are tricky people, so make sure you tell them what you need, they don't give cash refunds, but only credit. I'm not endorsing them or anything just be careful, I dno't like dealing with those kind of people. If I can do anything else let me know.