PDA

View Full Version : wooohooooo its starting another c55 conversion : D

knvs
07-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Thats right I just dropped off my car at the shop and I'll be picking it up next week when I get back from my trip and it'll have a new heart!!!:D Just in time for the sac meet later this month too. I'm so excited. Unfortunately there won't be pics, bc I'll be out of town and I'll have to wait a week to write a report on it.

nokia8860
07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Shoot if enough of you guys do this conversion we just might have to rename the site:

CLUB202 : Home of the C55 Monsters!

Under Pressure
07-07-2005, 11:43 AM
So much for the hotness being forced induction. Maybe the two could meet on one of you guys.

c55m8o
07-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by knvs
Thats right I just dropped off my car at the shop and I'll be picking it up next week when I get back from my trip and it'll have a new heart!!!:D Just in time for the sac meet later this month too. I'm so excited. Unfortunately there won't be pics, bc I'll be out of town and I'll have to wait a week to write a report on it. CONGRATS! Lemme know if you have any questions.

And I can't stress this enough ... make sure you get new motor mounts! :) (I still say go for the E55 mounts tho some here are skeptical there's a difference between them and the C43 mounts)

c55m8o
07-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Under Pressure
So much for the hotness being forced induction. Maybe the two could meet on one of you guys. ...don't give up so quick ... The guy I was talking to about custom headers does 3 - 6 custom headers for turbo setups a week ... as the guy who installed my motor runs a turbo'ed C36, we were thinking hard Saturday 'bout where to put the turbo on the driver's side (passenger side's easy) as of course we'd want to go dual turbo... ;)

...but enough of that ... I don't wanna jak knvs's thread. This is to be his holy place... :p

J Irwan
07-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Shoot if enough of you guys do this conversion we just might have to rename the site:

CLUB202 : Home of the C55 Monsters!

ha..ha..

that is actually would be very interesting..

next thing you know W210 E55 will be so rare since many of them buchered to build W202 C55 :D:D:D

Regardz,

SpEeDy230
07-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Wow another conversion...makes me want to do one. But I have no Money.

mbsickness
07-08-2005, 06:42 AM
Man we have to meet up again so I can check out this beast. Congrats! By the way which shop is doing the swap?

r0csfinest
07-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Where did you get an engine from? How much hp does the engine have? 300? Thanks

c55m8o
07-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by r0csfinest Where did you get an engine from? How much hp does the engine have? 300? Thanks There's a guy selling a few engines ... available under the classified forum.

@ the wheel hp ... yes. Follow my "old W210 E55s never die ..." link in my sig and go to the end of the thread.

coolcarlskic43
07-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by c55m8o
CONGRATS! Lemme know if you have any questions.

And I can't stress this enough ... make sure you get new motor mounts! :) (I still say go for the E55 mounts tho some here are skeptical there's a difference between them and the C43 mounts) The part #'s listed are totally different, so yes the internals of the E55 mounts are much stouter . The two mounts only appear to be the same externally.Steve is 100% correct.

coolcarlskic43
07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Thats right I just dropped off my car at the shop and I'll be picking it up next week when I get back from my trip and it'll have a new heart!!!:D Just in time for the sac meet later this month too. I'm so excited. Unfortunately there won't be pics, bc I'll be out of town and I'll have to wait a week to write a report on it. Congratulations!Enjoy the new beast.

Denlasoul
07-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
The part #'s listed are totally different, so yes the internals of the E55 mounts are much stouter .
Not true. There are two different mounts for the E55. One is the same part number as the C43 and the second is E55 exclusive. The mount used with the E55 depends on the vin#. It's just hard to believe that MB would upgrade the stoutness of an engine mount just for some of it's E55's, unless of course they recalled all the "old" E55 mounts and replaced them with the new one.

edit: Like I said before, my source is pretty credible as he works in a Dealership. He has ordered both parts to do a comparison for me.

coolcarlskic43
07-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Not true. There are two different mounts for the E55. One is the same part number as the C43 and the second is E55 exclusive. The mount used with the E55 depends on the vin#. It's just hard to believe that MB would upgrade the stoutness of an engine mount just for some of it's E55's, unless of course they recalled all the "old" E55 mounts and replaced them with the new one.

edit: Like I said before, my source is pretty credible as he works in a Dealership. He has ordered both parts to do a comparison for me. I got my info from my buddy who is a parts manager at MB.So I think that would make my source pretty credible as well.Tell him to chk again as I will tell my guy to do the same to see if there is more than one mount available for he 55 motors.

The C43 mounts he showed me had 1# on the mounts that were different than the E55's.I bought both sets and not only that ,the

E55 mounts were (my price)94.00 part#202-240-29-17 price 123.20

C43 mounts were(my price) 74.00 part#202-240-49-17 price 96.80

Whether it is stouter or not is just my theory but I would'nt be surprised. 49-62 more hp and up to almost 100 ft-lbs more TQ.It's possible.

Denlasoul
07-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I got my info from my buddy who is a parts manager at MB.So I think that would make my source pretty credible as well.Tell him to chk again as I will tell my guy to do the same to see if there is more than one mount available for he 55 motors.
LOL! I knew your source was a credible one too...I'll ask my guy again. :)

E55 mounts were (my price)94.00 part#202-240-29-17 price 123.20
C43 mounts were(my price) 74.00 part#202-240-49-17 price 96.80
I know MB shares alot of parts, but the E55 part you have listed is a W202 part. I would have thought a beefier mount would have been made for the W210 chassis, and thus having a 210-xxx-xx-xx part number.

Whether it is stouter or not is just my theory but I would'nt be surprised. 49-62 more hp and up to almost 100 ft-lbs more TQ.It's possible.[/B]
It is really probable that the E55 mount is more sturdy. Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to discredit you or anything, but if a person (like myself) wants to upgrade their mounts it would be good to have the right part. I hope we can get to the bottom of this as I am in desperate need of new mounts!

coolcarlskic43
07-09-2005, 02:47 AM
I can't remember but don't some of the spring pad's start with a 210-xxx-xx-xxx #? MB does seem to mix and match different part#'s with different cars.Weird

P.S. by the way you're gonna find that the ride and handling will feel better once you change the broken mounts.

c55m8o
07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by r0csfinest Where did you get an engine from? ...follow-up to my response earlier. I see his posts of engines for sale were finally deleted (I thought it would be as he had under 30 posts ... kinda shooting the W202 community in the foot given what he's sell'n IMO) ... anyway, e-mail Norman Tong, D1CiViC131 -at- aol.com.

jnolte
07-10-2005, 03:14 PM
I can't remember but don't some of the spring pad's start with a 210-xxx-xx-xxx #? MB does seem to mix and match different part#'s with different cars.Weird

P.S. by the way you're gonna find that the ride and handling will feel better once you change the broken mounts.

Of course MB is going to mix parts with other cars, this is how they save money. It would be financial stupidity to make parts specific for each model.

Like the earlier w202s use the w201 spring pads....and the 1998+ use w210 spring pads. Im sure if you searched your car you may find parts with w208 and w210 written on them.

Denlasoul
07-10-2005, 05:18 PM
My point being is that if the mount is beefier (and thus different) than the C43 mounts, then wouldnt they ahve a W210 part number due to the fact the E55 engine was used a year later than when the first C43 came out?

I'm arguing that the first C43 mounts and the E55 mounts are the same up to a certain point, then it was switched to another p/n for the E55 only. Are they different? Hopefully we will find out. :D

coolcarlskic43
07-10-2005, 06:35 PM
My point being is that if the mount is beefier (and thus different) than the C43 mounts, then wouldnt they ahve a W210 part number due to the fact the E55 engine was used a year later than when the first C43 came out?

I'm arguing that the first C43 mounts and the E55 mounts are the same up to a certain point, then it was switched to another p/n for the E55 only. Are they different? Hopefully we will find out. :D Well I know my 55 mounts cost more but they look the same,that's for sure;)

jnolte
07-10-2005, 06:41 PM

I'm arguing that the first C43 mounts and the E55 mounts are the same up to a certain point, then it was switched to another p/n for the E55 only. Are they different? Hopefully we will find out. :D

I am willing to bet the e55 and c43 mounts are the same...

what year did the first e55 come out? was it 2000?

Perhaps the C43 mounts changed to the e55 mounts in the year 2000.

It would be intresting to check the engine mount part numbers on a 1998 c43 and the part numbers on a 2000 C43 to see if they compare the the e55 part numbers.

i wonder what the CLK55 use?

coolcarlskic43
07-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
I am willing to bet the e55 and c43 mounts are the same...

what year did the first e55 come out? was it 2000?

Perhaps the C43 mounts changed to the e55 mounts in the year 2000.

It would be intresting to check the engine mount part numbers on a 1998 c43 and the part numbers on a 2000 C43 to see if they compare the the e55 part numbers.

i wonder what the CLK55 use? E55 came to the US in 1999. The mounts look the same but I'm willing to bet on my theory of the 55 mounts being stouter.Remember that's just my theory.

knvs
07-11-2005, 12:06 PM
man I can beieve I'm responding while in hawaii...:rolleyes: lol. Well to answer a few of the questions:

Yes mounts are being changed. I'm not sure which ones tho( e55's but I don't know part #s)

and the shop thats doing it is N1 concepts in South San Francisco.

The shop belongs to Norm Tong, the same guy that posted engines here for sale and the same guy that Steve (c55m8o) bought his engine from

Stock hp is 349 at crank and 400ish torque. Once again steve has actual #s on it so I'd look at his thread.

I got my motor with about 36k miles on it and i can't wait to test it out once I get back!!!!

Gerry, shoot me an email and we'll meet up again. I'd love to show u the beast.

Also anyone going to the sac meet, I should be there too. So every one can see it there!!!!:)

coolcarlskic43
07-11-2005, 03:26 PM
man I can beieve I'm responding while in hawaii...:rolleyes: lol. Well to answer a few of the questions:

Yes mounts are being changed. I'm not sure which ones tho( e55's but I don't know part #s)

and the shop thats doing it is N1 concepts in South San Francisco.

The shop belongs to Norm Tong, the same guy that posted engines here for sale and the same guy that Steve (c55m8o) bought his engine from

Stock hp is 349 at crank and 400ish torque. Once again steve has actual #s on it so I'd look at his thread.

I got my motor with about 36k miles on it and i can't wait to test it out once I get back!!!!

Gerry, shoot me an email and we'll meet up again. I'd love to show u the beast.

Also anyone going to the sac meet, I should be there too. So every one can see it there!!!!:) Have Norm place a brand new MAFand new iridium spakplugs while your at it.trust me you'll never regret it and have him get you a new one(MAF) whether he says you need a new one or not! PS,you may or may not need soft ware.Dyno the car,get your AFR's and post them so the fellow W202 C55er's and other's can let you know! Good Luck!

knvs
07-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Have Norm place a brand new MAFand new iridium spakplugs while your at it.trust me you'll never regret it and have him get you a new one(MAF) whether he says you need a new one or not! PS,you may or may not need soft ware.Dyno the car,get your AFR's and post them so the fellow W202 C55er's and other's can let you know! Good Luck!

Well I just had my MAF replaced on mine in march so I think we'll just use that one. I will need to replace the exhaust manifold and engine mounts according to him. New manifold is $400 and a used one is $100. Also he said new motor mounts are $150 each (ouch) but from reading your post it's better to have them done now then later. I thought I'll need my ECU to be remapped for the E55 engine. Whats AFR? I'm heading home tonight, and hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow!

coolcarlskic43
07-13-2005, 01:58 AM
Well I just had my MAF replaced on mine in march so I think we'll just use that one. I will need to replace the exhaust manifold and engine mounts according to him. New manifold is $400 and a used one is $100. Also he said new motor mounts are $150 each (ouch) but from reading your post it's better to have them done now then later. I thought I'll need my ECU to be remapped for the E55 engine. Whats AFR? I'm heading home tonight, and hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow! AFR means Air Fuel Ratio.You tell them to record it when your getting your car dynoed.Just get the car dynoed first b4 you consider getting it remapped.The dyno sheet will show the AFR if you tell them to include it.Scan it and I can let you know if your ECU needs remapping.Steve's car ran like a monster with the C43 ECU programming.His car was literally running right next to mine.We(Jeffrey and myself) are suspecting that the files(98-2k C43 and E55) AMG's are the same other than the ABS/ESP programming.

c55m8o
07-13-2005, 07:21 AM
I will need to replace the exhaust manifold and engine mounts according to him. New manifold is $400 and a used one is $100. Also he said new motor mounts are $150 each (ouch) but from reading your post it's better to have them done now then later. ....just use the manifolds off your 4.3L motor ... no? :confused: Ya gotta figure you don't need to sell the engine with the manifolds, as it's very probable you'll be selling the motor to another V8 equipped MB, so they'll have the manifolds their engine compartment's configuration needs already.

BTW, read my "if your car does this, change the motor mounts" thread on this board. My car feels like it's show-room fresh with the new motor mounts. I had thought my suspension was shot, and was only proceeding with this swap because I knew I'd be re-vamping the suspension with the speedybenz kit. But it turns out, it wasn't that (still happly installing the speedybenz kit though)

Also, there were a few other things I got new; a lot of the ancillary components on the engine I got were shot so Jeff stripped down my 4.3L motor and put them on the 5.4L motor. However as my 4.3L motor had a little over 63K miles, he recommended some of the things be new. In additon to the mounts, they were belt tentioner, crank position sensor (tho that may have been because of the fire), and I believe the master pully (hamonic balancer). I believe your engine was out of a car with a rear hit, but if not and was from a front hit, I'd change every pully and also use your oil filter housing from the old motor. What I was surprised about was Jeff didn't recommend I change the water-pump. I guess they can go a =lot= longer.

knvs
07-13-2005, 11:04 AM
the reason why Norm recomended me to change the exhaust manifold was because its showing signs of wear. he said their is a slight crack or split on the manifold and that since the engine is out i should replace it. Also I was gonna replace the motor mounts as well so I was expecting that. I know that I'm reusing the old ari box and cover and old MAF. I'm not sure about spark plugs. I know the motor I'm swapping has 36k miles on it, but It's been sitting for a while. They are relubing everything and making sure everything works like new. I guess thats my biggest concer, is that I should have the engine reconditiond before going into the car so It will last much longer. But norm has said everything is ok.

Now should I have the ECU remap to the E55 ECU or should I keep the old C43 software. I know that Steve had his remapped, but had some preformance loss? Was that with stock ECU or aftermarket chip?

c55m8o
07-13-2005, 12:01 PM
I guess thats my biggest concer, is that I should have the engine reconditiond before going into the car so It will last much longer. But norm has said everything is ok.

Now should I have the ECU remap to the E55 ECU or should I keep the old C43 software. I know that Steve had his remapped, but had some preformance loss? Was that with stock ECU or aftermarket chip?

(I'm Steve... ;) you're the person who I exchanged the e-mails with, right? )

how many years has the engine been sitting? If there's the slighest chance water got in it, take off the heads then who knows. I don't think that is the case with your engine so ya, should be ok even if sitting for a while.

I definitely got a little out of the ECU remapping (I forget, 9 or 12 hp) ... $700's worth ... that's arguable. But I also run on RON93, so my ECU chooses the maps on the higher-end of the performance spectrum at all times.

The story ended well. The performance loss right after the swap and flashing of the ECU was in part co-incidental; in part I was impatient and didn't know I needed to wait for the ECU to again "remap" after the "reflashing". After about a week it was rip'n.

The co-incidental thing I mention is the loss of performance the 1st day I drove it after the swap and flashing of the ECU was due to problem(s) with the Tranni. Believe it or not less then a quart low and a) over the course of a few weeks, once before the swap and one week after, it just jumped out of gear into neutral however my shifter lever was =not= in neutral; and b) that 1st day, I had a hard exit from a gas station driveway and it stuck in 2nd and wouldn't shift; the rest of the day it was "dogish", probably protecting itself looking back ... unfortunately I didn't equate that tranni event with the dogishness @ the time, and I wrote the negative review right after that (and again, the ECU seemed to need a week's time to settle into its proper operation). The guy who did the swap brought the oil up to the right level and it's been fine.

knvs
07-13-2005, 01:36 PM
yeah we've emailed back and forth a few time. I must say you and Carl have been great help in making sure I'm doing the swap in the right way. I just got back from the shop and saw the work in progress (unfortunately i forgot the camera again so I don't have picks for the engine out :( ) Norm said that remapping the ECU or re flashing it or what ever you want to call it is not necessary. I'll just be using my stock ECU and C43 software program and engine management. If I decide later to remap it he'll do it for me. Also CA runs only on 91 octane so we got shit gas out here:( . I also checked the manifold and there was a crack on the inside. Ionno how to explane it but it looked like a weld cracked and was restricting propper air flow so we just used one of his old exhaust manifolds. Engine is ready to be put in and they should be doing it later this afer noon. Man after looking at the engine bay and the engine itself, it is truely plug and play!!! Looks like they have to drop it in connect a few sensors and start it up!

coolcarlskic43
07-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Norm said that remapping the ECU or re flashing it or what ever you want to call it is not necessary. I'll just be using my stock ECU and C43 software program and engine management. If I decide later to remap it he'll do it for me. Also CA runs only on 91 octane so we got shit gas out here:( Get the car dynoed and you'll truly find out.When I spoke to Norm about his converted C43/55 he told me his car was running very lean.You don't want that to be the case.I know my car was running lean because of a faulty MAF. However Steve's car ran like a monster with the stck C43 ecu.

Norman may be right but get the car dynoed.Trust me!

knvs
07-14-2005, 04:49 PM
well......I got my car back!!!! and boy what a difference. Just much more responisve and just keeps pulling and pulling. I find myself catching up to the car infront and running out of room before I can truely find out how much of a beast it is. I can also say that I'm spinning my tires much more. I bet by the end of summer, they'll be totally gone. I changed the mounts as well and boy they did make a differece. Car feels much more solid and less twitchy. Now there are 3, yes 3, w202 c55 conversions in the Bay Area, beat that east coast:p (jp all in good fun) I'll write a full report when I have more behind the wheel time. BTW I'll be heading to the sac meet so if you wanna check it out, come to the meet!!:)

hvmercy
07-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Congratulations!

well......I got my car back!!!! and boy what a difference. Just much more responisve and just keeps pulling and pulling. I find myself catching up to the car infront and running out of room before I can truely find out how much of a beast it is. I can also say that I'm spinning my tires much more. I bet by the end of summer, they'll be totally gone. I changed the mounts as well and boy they did make a differece. Car feels much more solid and less twitchy. Now there are 3, yes 3, w202 c55 conversions in the Bay Area, beat that east coast:p (jp all in good fun) I'll write a full report when I have more behind the wheel time. BTW I'll be heading to the sac meet so if you wanna check it out, come to the meet!!:)

98c43amg
07-14-2005, 05:37 PM
:classic: Excellect to hear. Congrats!

btw, who's is the 3rd ? ... I didn't know about that one. There is a 3rd on the east coast ... and it's Kleemann supercharged ta'boot! ;)

(oops ... there I go again getting signed in with my old ident... :confused: c55m8o send his highest regards too... :p )

coolcarlskic43
07-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg

There is a 3rd on the east coast ... and it's Kleemann supercharged ta'boot! ;)
;) Like steve said:D

Oh and Congrats. You must be#6!!!!:p

knvs
07-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg

btw, who's is the 3rd ? ... I didn't know about that one. There is a 3rd on the east coast ... and it's Kleemann supercharged ta'boot! ;)

There's Norm, Norm's friend and me who have the conversion done. We all live in the Bay Area too. I've heard about that s/c one. That would be the ultimate car.... Some day

knvs
07-15-2005, 10:06 PM
here are some pics norm took while they were swapping the engines. I'll have a photoshot when the car is cleaned one of these days. photos (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/djkev28@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=mail&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/djkev28@sbcglobal.net/my_photos)

r0csfinest
07-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Awww man I'm so jealous. One day... mine is gonna have the swap too ...

c55m8o
07-19-2005, 05:09 PM
here are some pics norm took while they were swapping the engines. I'll have a photoshot when the car is cleaned one of these days. They took the tranni out... with the engine? Hmm...

....So no Dyno yet?!

coolcarlskic43
07-19-2005, 08:36 PM
They took the tranni out... with the engine? Hmm...

....So no Dyno yet?! LOL! Some people find it easier that way!

knvs
07-19-2005, 10:01 PM
yeah no dyno just yet. I had a romp with it today and it scared me a bit lol. I actually said "o shit" a few time about the pulling power. Kinda scary at times, but thats a good thing.:D

coolcarlskic43
07-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Wow! It's gonna be interesting to see how many more of these swaps occur!let's start the new wave fellas just as the guys with the BMW E36 318,325 to M3 swaps!

knvs
07-20-2005, 06:45 AM
Wow! It's gonna be interesting to see how many more of these swaps occur!let's start the new wave fellas just as the guys with the BMW E36 318,325 to M3 swaps!
yeah but swapping an e36 318,325 to m3 isn;t the same. it more like swapping a e36 m3 to a m5.

coolcarlskic43
07-20-2005, 12:42 PM
yeah but swapping an e36 318,325 to m3 isn;t the same. it more like swapping a e36 m3 to a m5. if you've done it you'll see what I mean!LOL! I own one! M332i(325i-M3);)

knvs
07-20-2005, 12:59 PM
if you've done it you'll see what I mean!LOL! I own one! M332i(325i-M3);)

I take it u mean its a strait swap for the 318, 325 to m3? not as hard as it looks? I was more along the line that the M3 is more of a direct competitor to the C43 and we're taking the E55 engine and swapping them, so they (e36 m3 owners) should start swapping m5 engines to keep up lol;)

c55m8o
07-21-2005, 07:05 PM
yeah no dyno just yet. I had a romp with it today and it scared me a bit lol. I actually said "o shit" a few time about the pulling power. Kinda scary at times, but thats a good thing.:D ain't it grand?!:banana: Don't you frequently find yourself hitting turns on roads you're intimately acquainted with 5-15mph faster then you used to, finding you have to rely on the brakes far more then you used to going into them? :D (I for one hardly ever hit the brakes going into turns, as regular roads as well as trying to be a good citizen don't allow for hitting speeds before turns that exceeds what the C43 is capable of taking ... before the swap that is :p )

reitmeid
08-09-2005, 03:10 AM
I have a 1999 clk430. A C43 engine would be an upgrade if it would fit. Is anyone looking for a home for their extracted C43 engine?

coolcarlskic43
08-09-2005, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by reitmeid
I have a 1999 clk430. A C43 engine would be an upgrade if it would fit. Is anyone looking for a home for their extracted C43 engine? I have a complete C43 motor available.To be honest with you unless your motor is blown I would not swap it out for the minimal hp and TQ difference.I'd go 5.5L worth the effort and time.

reitmeid
08-09-2005, 06:34 AM
My engine is not blown. I guess I have to agree with you....27 hp gain would not justify the cost and trouble. I think what makes the C43 seem faster especially off the line is the different gearing. But I've heard swapping differentials involes reprogramming computers etc. I've priced some used clk55 engines at around 7grand. Something to look into .

sig425
08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
wasnt there a white conversion for sale on ebay a while ago? anyone from here?

coolcarlskic43
08-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by sig425
wasnt there a white conversion for sale on ebay a while ago? anyone from here? Yep! MOTO(Norman)

d1deez
08-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Yep! MOTO(Norman)

yep, still for sale. any takers?

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/car/91905797.html

http://a.im.craigslist.org/37/9C/0Br4riWxajaordv1UlbjqJzCcSr3.jpg

d1deez
08-18-2005, 04:48 PM
BTW, i have a 05 E55 motor (compressor) and transmission for sale. Car was burned so you'll need to do some rehab on the motor. Help me spread the word as I'm not able to post in the classifieds yet. Thanks in advance.

coolcarlskic43
08-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by d1deez
BTW, i have a 05 E55 motor (compressor) and transmission for sale. Car was burned so you'll need to do some rehab on the motor. Help me spread the word as I'm not able to post in the classifieds yet. Thanks in advance. MoTO Give me a call! Or I'll just call you!Carl

c55m8o
08-18-2005, 09:45 PM
LOL ... you actually thinking about it?

coolcarlskic43
08-19-2005, 04:59 AM
LOL ... you actually thinking about it? Hey like they say about LOTTO,"You Never Know"!;)

sig425
08-19-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by d1deez
[B]yep, still for sale. any takers?

very interested: but I gotta sell my 2001 land rover discovery and my bike first.
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/4/1/80389241.htm

coolcarlskic43
08-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by sig425
very interested: but I gotta sell my 2001 land rover discovery and my bike first.
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/4/1/80389241.htm WARNING! Beware of the Extreme fun factor when or if you buy it! LOL!

Beau M
08-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Can you start out with a c230 and do this?

coolcarlskic43
08-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Beau M
Can you start out with a c230 and do this? Too much $$ Extremely difficult.better off using a Mosselman turbo kit.

c55m8o
09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
the reason why Norm recomended me to change the exhaust manifold was because its showing signs of wear. he said their is a slight crack or split on the manifold and that since the engine is out i should replace it. knvs -- doubt this as who usually keeps broke stuff around but can't hurt ta ask -- do you happen to have the old/broke exhaust manifolds? ...or know if Norm has 'em? I need'm. I'll give ya a couple of buks and pay for shipping if so. (need'm for the custom header fabricator)

Lemme know. thanx.

knvs
09-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Steve, I didn't keep the old manifold. I'll talk to norm and see if he still has it. I think he might.

mbw202
09-13-2005, 04:20 AM
for me when i want to go sideways is i turn the car to the left or to the right real quick ( while shifting it down one gear to 3) then turn the wheel the other way.. i can go on like that for a short time but not to long.. i have a c220 and there is no one off switch for the traction control..wish there was.. will make winter driving a better experience. but i usually like to drift around street corners.. easier done in the rain or snow.. :D ..

knvs
09-13-2005, 03:47 PM
steve, i sent you an email regarding the maifold. i have good news :)

c55m8o
09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
steve, i sent you an email regarding the maifold. i have good news :) Thanx so much for checking ... I'm contacting him. So did he give you a date when he'll fix your valve cover gasket leak while you had his attention... ;)

-steve

knvs
09-14-2005, 03:06 PM
well they've been working on it and they can't seem to locate it... It's getting really fustrating and it's making it easier for me to get rid of the car. I really hoping to get it back this weekend if not it better be next week. Its going on 3 weeks already. I've barely driven the car since the conversion.:dpress:

coolcarlskic43
09-15-2005, 02:18 AM
It's getting really fustrating and it's making it easier for me to get rid of the car. I've barely driven the car since the conversion.:dpress: :confused: Sometimes they leak somewhere below in the area of the oil filter and pump housing!

knvs
09-30-2005, 02:09 PM
:confused: Sometimes they leak somewhere below in the area of the oil filter and pump housing!
looks like that's where it was coming from. Thanks Carl.