PDA

View Full Version : Suede Headliner

crsh2
07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Where do i get a suede to replace my headliner?

is there only 1 kind of suede leather or do i need the one specially for headliner?

I ask Because im starting to see a bubble forming on Rear driver side.
I think from removing the Tint with Steam.

thank you

smartkey
07-15-2005, 09:17 AM
I call German parts and restoration or www.gprparts.com and Dave quoted me 120.00 for MB OEM headliner cloth.

So I ordered some ultrasued upholstry material from some fabric website for 7.00 a yard the problem is I don't remember the website I will have to check my credit card statement when it comes.

I came out decent but there were some spots where the glue bled through the cloth, but it still looks better than it did before when the whole thing fell down a year after the rear section started sagging.

crsh2
07-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by smartkey
I call German parts and restoration or www.gprparts.com and Dave quoted me 120.00 for MB OEM headliner cloth.

So I ordered some ultrasued upholstry material from some fabric website for 7.00 a yard the problem is I don't remember the website I will have to check my credit card statement when it comes.

I came out decent but there were some spots where the glue bled through the cloth, but it still looks better than it did before when the whole thing fell down a year after the rear section started sagging.

Oh thank god someone answered me.
I tried to save my headliner last week.
I would have been succesfull if i had used the right glue
I guess you i was suppost to used
3M Super Trim Adhesive YELLOW
But i used Heads up adhesive headliner.
When i was done it look perfect it held for a few days
until it got HOT and i was a Fu%king Mess the glue kinda
Melted.
But anyways i ordeded Suede in ebay im gonna try it again a see.
Would you have a picture of you headliner? I'll post mine when im done with the project maybe next weekend.
thanks

smartkey
07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
I have not taken any pictures yet since my car is down at the shop waiting to have the fuel pump replaced. I used alcantra ultra suede and I had the whole thing redone.

The headliner
The sunroof headliner
The A pillars
The C pillars

I am getting used to the whole ultra suede look I am not crazy about is since it is like real suede you have to brush it one direction.

Don't tell me about mess My car had in the PVC style headliner and when that started to fall all the sticky foam just crumbled out and allover the interior and I have the "Parchment".

I took me three cans of "tuff stuff" carpet cleaner and a pack of rags to get the car looking like it used to.

crsh2
07-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by smartkey
I took me three cans of "tuff stuff" carpet cleaner and a pack of rags to get the car looking like it used to.

Well I've done it. turned out well since i was the only one doing the job if there is 3 people and a big table it would be alot easier.

i would say the whole 3/4 of the headliner is perfect
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/crsh2/DCP_1658.jpg

And here is the problem its hard to do the curve in dome light without another person helping you because the fabric would crease <---spell check < right away.
I'll redo it when i have time and help.
I use 3M Super trim Adhesive 08090
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/crsh2/DCP_1659.jpg

Dr. ///AMG
07-25-2005, 07:15 PM
gpr is by my house.

ok and the end result looks good! I am dying to get that done on my car too! I hate the white headliner!

crsh2
07-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Dr. ///AMG
gpr is by my house.

ok and the end result looks good! I am dying to get that done on my car too! I hate the white headliner!

Goodluck. Specially if its done by a professional it will definately looks awesome.

show us some pictures when your done with it.

c280nz
07-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Myne looks identical to that crsh!
i got a shop to recover myne i just took it out and took it into them.
i like the black it turns out nice inside :-)
got the sunroof rectangle done as well,
i have also decided to leave my sun visors that creme colour as it brakes up the black a bit.

also interesting idea -> some1 told me to leave the sun visors creme as if i make them black the front of the car will be too dark and u will get sore eyes from driving from the contrast from the dark inside and bright outside.
this added to my leave it white idea.
well done tho ;)