PDA

View Full Version : C230k s\c pully electromagnetic or clutch?

alphanumeric
07-11-2005, 05:37 PM
well just wonderin.. I want to trick my stock pully to stay engauged all the time. the vent off valve sounds better IMO when the s\c is engauged after warmup

alphanumeric
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
are you freakin serious? nobody knows this?

is the supercharger pully electromagnetic or clutch drivin.

jnenad16
07-12-2005, 11:34 AM
it is an electromagnetic clutch, it operates the same way the a/c compressor or older air pumps do.

nenad

alphanumeric
07-12-2005, 07:03 PM
cool so all I gotta do is ground the wire that activates it to have the supercharger pully spinning full time.. right on.. my 190 2.3 had an electro magnetic fan clutch.. while the 2.6 had clutch

Pagz
07-15-2005, 10:04 PM
I guess some of this you will know already,but i tell you what i know.....

The SC is already engaged almost all the time...it only disengages when your at a stand still...or you engine RPM is below the pre determined level+being at a stand still....
if your rolling it will engage...

having it on all the time will make no difference to the bypass.
and you will just loose alittle more fuel through driving the SC when at a stand still.

remember the bypass only closes under acceleration...at all other times its open....this system is used to take load off the SC when it is not needed...thus giving better economy....

hope this helps...

Regards,
Paul

alphanumeric
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
well... with my cold air intake on.. right when I start the car up from not being on the whole day.. the supercharger is on during warmup right. it will stay like this for about 2-3min and if I drive it right after I turn the car on.. and left off the gas the bypass valve sounds wayyyy different then when its warmed up. it sounds like a true bov

Metromoto202
08-10-2005, 04:46 PM
did you make your intake? or buy it?

Pagz
08-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by alphanumeric
well... with my cold air intake on.. right when I start the car up from not being on the whole day.. the supercharger is on during warmup right. it will stay like this for about 2-3min and if I drive it right after I turn the car on.. and left off the gas the bypass valve sounds wayyyy different then when its warmed up. it sounds like a true bov

hmmm i'll have to check mine when i start her up next...i havent heard the SC run when the engine is cold at idle...

...possibly a difference in models,maybe because of year or transmission?

Paul

alphanumeric
08-12-2005, 02:36 AM
made the cold air intake myself.. its a real nice setup.. I still need breathers or to rout the diverter valve back into the intake pipe and I can start to sell them on here.. its a 2.5inch cold air intake that goes down by teh front bumper. I dont know how it would work on the older 202's tho

Pagz
08-12-2005, 03:51 PM
hey alphanumeric,
I checked my SC when i started this morning,it didnt engage.
so i guess your SC on/off time could be alittle different all round,maybe because of the Automatic setup?.