PDA

View Full Version : Help

davidk83
07-12-2005, 01:57 PM
HI guys,
What happened was that my car was acting kinda weird this morning, like the two times i started it, the engine seemed to struggle to turn over. (seems like it was getting worse and worse over the past month). Well i tried to drive it again this afternoon and the car wouldn't start. At first it would crank and then it just doesn't start, tried it again after a minute and it cranked even less then didn't start. Now it just makes kinda like a click noise and won't start.
I tried that thing where you put it into drive then neutral and drive and starting it, didn't work.
Don't know if this helps but my belts are really worn out and i haven't changed my spark plugs in a long time. please help

vbrock1137
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Sounds like your battery doesn't have enough charge. Your alternator or your battery could have gone bad.

davidk83
07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
my lights and everything else works fine. So its not the spark plugs right?

Don't know if this is relevent but about 6 months ago, my car would start up for about 5 seconds then make like a whirling sound then die, and was like this for a while. And after about 4 hours I tried again and as soon as it turned over I reved the engine and the whirling stopped after about 10 seconds of reving (but sounded nasty) and car worked fine after that until this.

edub
07-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Could be the crank sensor..??

davidk83
07-12-2005, 09:37 PM
aight, i tried a couple of things, but they didn't work.

I tried to put in more gas just in case there was no gas (my gas gauge is kinda messed up) didn't help.

tried to jump start it, didn't work, but I think it helped point out the problem.
I left the car overnight somewhere and today when I tried to start it again I noticed the headlights were really dim and the dash lights were dim too. While I was jumping the car I tried the lights again while I was feeding juice into my batt. and the lights were strong, but after I disconnected everything and tried to start my car again the lights were dim again and my power locks barely work.

You guys think its my batt. ? or my alternator?

do you guys have any prices for these?

c280nz
07-12-2005, 10:32 PM
2 me it reads like its your battery.
you will need a good battery to help jump start it, and leave it on while starting it.
the battery should be at least as big as the one you have in your car at present e.g dont use a honda civic
:-)
when you are cranking it try quickly with the headlights on and have a look they shud only dim slightly while cranking the motor over if you have enough power.
if its your alternator you should still be able to start it with help from another battery.
then take it to a battery shop and have it tested

davidk83
07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
tried the jump start while it was still connected, didn't work. don't know what to do.

alboogiee
07-13-2005, 06:26 PM
do you have any subs/amp/dvd in ur car? i had the same problem and my battery was so bad, it was OEM on a 99, previous owner recharged rather then buy new one, so charge was completely gone, take ur battery into an auto supply store and have them check it, and charge it, that should do it (hopfuly)

davidk83
07-14-2005, 04:48 PM
funny story, car wouldn't start at all so me and couple of friends pushed the car about a mile down the road to an auto repair shop. harder than you would think.

anyways they said it was a bad fuel cell. so i bought a new battery put it in and am hoping this fixes it.

haven't tried to start cause i lost my key. stupid benz keys, freakin useless.

anybody know where there are cheaper keys that can be made? and to get a remote start do you need to have an extra key?

thanks for all the help guys.

c280nz
07-14-2005, 05:23 PM
you cant get a remote starter, and a new key is expensive, u will prolly have to go to the stealership

alboogiee
07-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by davidk83
haven't tried to start cause i lost my key. stupid benz keys, freakin useless.

anybody know where there are cheaper keys that can be made? and to get a remote start do you need to have an extra key?

thanks for all the help guys.

what kind of key do you have? smart key? where are you located? to get a laser cut key or smart key ONLY the dealer can help you, if you buy on ebay, the dealer will not reprogram b/c they did not sell it directly to you.