PDA

View Full Version : supercharger on c200?

BBB DRAGZ
07-13-2005, 09:19 PM
hi guys i got a 96 C200 4cly and was wondering if i can put on a supercharger?

i know there is supercharged 4cly version on some cars like the SLK from what i know, but would it be a easy bolt on job to add on a stock c200? whats involved..?

im still learning abt mercs and all as this is my 1st merc so hope you guys can help me out.

thanks

Dragz

alphanumeric
07-14-2005, 12:37 AM
well.. if you are generally good in making your own stuff and welding..its an EZ job... basically get urself a used supercharger off Ebay... from an SLK230 or C230 Komnpressor.. then weld up your own custom braket to hold it in place.. weld up a pully onto ur main crank pully to drive the supercharger. then get some bends of aluminum intercooler pipe and run it to the throttle body of your intake manifold.

I would recomend a low boost.. like 5-7lbs so you dont really need to intercool it. 7lbs is pushing it w\o an intercooler. many turbocharged cars run 5-6lbs of boost w\o intercoolers and lasted years!

BBB DRAGZ
07-14-2005, 01:37 AM
thanks for your reply.

yes i understand how a supercharger works and how to set one up, but i kind of more wanted to know can the supercharger from another merc 4cly engine (im unsure of engine names) like one from a 4cly slk or some sort of kompresor engine fit and bolt right onto the w202 if you understand what im getting at....?

is there a w202 4cly engine that came supercharged where i could just get the supercharger and add it to my C200?

thanks

alphanumeric
07-14-2005, 12:40 PM
dont think so...

even the US spec C230 Kompressor wont bolt on to the C230 NON Kompressor. you can do it but you would have to make your own bracket