PDA

View Full Version : Offset Problem!

jnolte
08-03-2005, 08:48 PM
So i order some wheels off ebay.

19x8.5 front
19x9.5 rear

They are advertised as Offset of +35MM front and rear.

i get the wheels today +40MM!!!! GRRR

So i email the company, they say they dont even have them in 35mm, WTF? So i tell them not advertise what is not true and shit.

He says its so small of diffrence shouldent matter.

So my question is this

I already bought tires 225/35/19 front 265/30/19 rear

will this tire/wheel setup clear????
If i got 5mm spacers would that turn the offset to 45mm or 35mm?
Im a little agitated!
ANYHELP from my club202 family would be much appreciated!
:cool:

stox
08-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Personally, given my past experiences with these kind of things, return the rims immediately! If the vendor is giving you this kind of BS now, I would not trust the quality of the rims. If there is a problem down the line, this vendor will probably give you the shaft. Right now, you have the right, as a consumer to return them since they were not the product as described. Once you keep them, you will forfeit this right as you will have "accepted" them as is.

I would also give them negative feedback on eBay as the product shipped was NOT the product described.

martattack
08-04-2005, 03:23 AM
5mm spacers would essentially make the 35mm offset.

Martin

aintME
08-04-2005, 08:13 AM
spacers will work and fix the offset. but, i wouldn't recommend it. especially for the fronts. i ran spacers on a set of wheels. while the rears were fine, the fronts caused the car to vibrate. try and mount the fronts w/o the spacers...one of the main worries would be clearing the AMG calipers.

!!!!!NJ Drive
08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by aintME
spacers will work and fix the offset. but, i wouldn't recommend it. especially for the fronts. i ran spacers on a set of wheels. while the rears were fine, the fronts caused the car to vibrate. try and mount the fronts w/o the spacers...one of the main worries would be clearing the AMG calipers. were they hubcentric spacers...because i finally found some wheels but i would need 5mm spacers up front & thought if they were hubcentric problems would be minimal, because i'm not lowering all that much & theyre 18x8.5 with 225/40 tires

aintME
08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
were they hubcentric spacers...because i finally found some wheels but i would need 5mm spacers up front & thought if they were hubcentric problems would be minimal, because i'm not lowering all that much & theyre 18x8.5 with 225/40 tires

my car wasn't lowered and i believe the spacers were hubcentric. i dont have personal experience with this, but, i have heard that the only remedy is a spacer that "bolts in."

jnolte
08-05-2005, 06:10 PM
so any one got any 5MM spacers for sale?

Denlasoul
08-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
so any one got any 5MM spacers for sale?
Check bekker's clearance or bekker's on ebay. I've seen them before for pretty cheap.