PDA

View Full Version : SRS Light after Wreck and Repair

Eiknujrac
08-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Ok I drive a 1998 C280, and about a month ago, I got in a wreck, accidentally hitting someone from behind.

The accident was only at about 10 MPH and the air bags did not go off. I hit a Silverado so not only did it go above my bumper and damage the hood and healights, it did absolutely nothing to his truck.

Anyways, after spending about a month in the shop, I finally got my car back yesterday, but the SRS light stayed on the entire drive home. The light is still on, and I have no idea why.

Are there sensors that need to be replaced after the impact? I don't rememeber seeing the light on after the accident when I drove the car to the body shop. Could they have messed something up? The only reason I'm not taking it straight back in is because they are closed on the weekends, and if it is something simple, maybe I could fix it.

Any help would be appreciated because, as I understand it, with that light on the airbags/SBT's don't work and I have to drive this car all day, seeing as I just sold the 300E, and the 210 went into the body shop when I picked this one up (someone hit it in a parking lot, 1800 dollars worth of damage).

Thanks in advance.

nokia8860
08-06-2005, 09:00 AM
you'll have to bring the car in to a shop with SDS so they can pull the code and do a complete diag on your SRS. As I am aware if that light is on your SRS is disabled and will not work when you need it to.

Eiknujrac
08-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Yay now the check engine light is on too! That just made my day. [/sarcasm]

nokia8860
08-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I just re-read your first post. I assume your insurance carrier paid for your damage. If thats the case the shop that did the body work should reset the light or bring it to a qualified shop to diagnose the problem.

Call up your insurance adjuster and the shop and inform them of this. In hindsight you should have not taken delivery of the car if this light was on. (SRS)

Eiknujrac
08-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Yea I know I shouldn't have taken the car, but I didn't notice the light till I got the car home (was so excited to have it back), and by the time I got home, the shop was closed for the weekend. I'm gonna call them first thing in the morning to get it in.