PDA

View Full Version : what size piping?

ryhi
08-06-2005, 04:52 PM
what size piping should i get. i am getting a new muffler so might as well get all my piping done. should i get 2.5 or 2.75 piping on my c230 kompressor? it will be piping from the cats and back with no resonator.

alboogiee
08-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by ryhi
what size piping should i get. i am getting a new muffler so might as well get all my piping done. should i get 2.5 or 2.75 piping on my c230 kompressor? it will be piping from the cats and back with no resonator.

LOL! i assume you passed smog finaly! dont have to test for what another 2, 3 years?

i wouldnt go too big, you might loose the low end power, but too small and there will be no dif...

on forced induction cars (aftermarket wise) the norm is about a 3 in pipe, since the c230k runs low psi i would say the 2.5, but that is speaking without experiance of diong a c230k, just a guestimate... also i dont know what size the stock piping is...

hmm sounds like a plan, if you can le me know how much gain you get, i might be interesed in doing this myself...

jnenad16
08-06-2005, 09:03 PM
2.5, no bigger than that if you want to retain the low end torque.

nenad

vbrock1137
08-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm thinkin' of doin' the same for my non-komp C230, except from the headers back, eliminating the cats and the resonator. I'm trying to decide between getting some angled pieces and welding it myself, or having a shop do it all. Would 2.5" be good? Would it be worth it to sacrifice a little torque for some HP with 2.75" or 3.00" pipes?

Ballpark, what price would be resonable for this incl. installing a new muffler, hangers, etc.?

BTW, car is registered in Oklahoma, we have no inspections so no cats is no problem.

jnenad16
08-07-2005, 01:43 AM
if you dont plan on s/c or turboing your car, 2.25 straight pipe should be more than sufficient, even if you keep stock muffler. anything larger wont gain you any hp, but you will most likely loose low end torque. I have tried quite a few exhaust setups on my C280, and believe me the bigger is almost never the better when it comes to intakes and exhaust.

nenad

MrSpace
08-07-2005, 04:16 AM
I have a complete BRAND NEW exhaust line; 2.5" for sale

It has high flow zero restriction magnaflow cat and magnaflow muffler and dual round polished tips.

And I also have a brand new supersprint headers never installed for sale.

Etienne

vbrock1137
08-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm real short on cash right now, but if you still have it all in a few months and the headers fit my non-komp car I might be interested.

MrSpace
08-07-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm not in a hurry to sell right now unless an offer comes through, it's new so it's not like it's loosing value.

I might be in TX in a few months. ;)

Etienne

vbrock1137
08-07-2005, 08:17 PM
If you're in the Dallas area let me know. BensC36 lives in Dallas too, we could all meet up.

alphanumeric
08-09-2005, 12:50 AM
hey Ryan.. I had a custom exhaust done at the local shop done for 300 installed..

100 for pipe
100 for hi flow performance cat
100 for muffler -> Flowmaster

it was on a turbocharged car so I got 2.5inch. BUT it was crush bend pipes..and when this stuff is curved its more like its a 2inch exhaust.. if you are aiming towards 2.5inch I would get maybe 2.75 or 3inch.. but that depends on how many curves they use...

on my car it was installed on.. it had to go under the rear axel so it had lots of bends.. I forget what our exhaust looks like under the car.