PDA

View Full Version : '99 C280 A/C display

Dr. ///AMG
07-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Ok funky stuff.. the display for the A/c gets all funky and unreadable. So I push it and then the display works right. So it's basically intermittent.

wtf do I do now? :(

CKlasse
07-05-2003, 01:04 AM
Heat?

nokia8860
07-05-2003, 04:51 PM
check to make sure you buttons arent stuck. once i thought my controlls were broken cuz the lcd went funky.

I soon discovered my auto button was stuck and a press to release made it fine again.

so i would suggest make sure none of the buttons are stuck first.

CKlasse
07-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
check to make sure you buttons arent stuck. once i thought my controlls were broken cuz the lcd went funky.

I soon discovered my auto button was stuck and a press to release made it fine again.

so i would suggest make sure none of the buttons are stuck first.

lol..happened to my OEM stereo too... HEAT is to be blamed.. the plastic gasket behind the button can get sticky especially if dirts get into it.

wheelife
07-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Our climate control LCD display also has an erratic display
The dealer Is going to replace it N/C
99 c280s

BenzMeister
07-08-2003, 10:52 AM
You can also try blowing some "canned air" around the switches, I did this to my stock radio and it works fine now. You can buy the stuff at Radio Shack, it is used to clean computer etc.

babycarlsson
07-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Dr. ///AMG
Ok funky stuff.. the display for the A/c gets all funky and unreadable. So I push it and then the display works right. So it's basically intermittent.

wtf do I do now? :(

Doc, I had the same problem in '98, definitely more often in the hot and humid day, nothing could fix it no matter what I tried... If you could get a dealer to replace it free of charge, that would be nice ;)

marksbenz
07-09-2003, 06:11 PM
The EC button on my climate control is always on. What causes this. My a/c compressor doent engage. Pls help.:confused: