PDA

View Full Version : C43 Front Bumper

aloopy
07-05-2003, 12:35 AM
I'm new to this forum and I have a question for you guys.

I was looking at this C43 at a dealership and noticed that the section between the foglights in the front bumper is not a complete piece. Is this normal?

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/webinventory/images/5057/5057-3l.jpg

I found this picture of a C43 with a complete section. Which one is the real front bumper? Is the first bumper original or could it be missing a section due to an accident? Thanks guys

http://amg-owners-club.com/gallery/albums/BR_202/amg_club_00077.jpg

Koolvin
07-05-2003, 01:05 AM
the middle bit is removable!

ps... Xenons 0wnz jo0

Eurosport
07-05-2003, 05:14 AM
you do know what the markup is at park place right? ;)

Renn 208
07-05-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Koolvin
the middle bit is removable!

ps... Xenons 0wnz jo0

word! and strangely, it's a common thing to be missing. It's quite costly to replace, and I'm guessing why they sometimes never get put back on.

98_Benzo
07-05-2003, 09:14 AM
you do know what the markup is at park place right?

EXACTLY, that is not the place you want to buy a car, unless you want to pay at least 5000 more then you should. I went and looked at that exact same car, it's nice and all, but for the price you can find a nicer one.

Denlasoul
07-05-2003, 09:48 AM
1st, welcome to the board. Always nice to find local people.

2nd, yes the bumper should be like the second pic. Often that middle piece is broken off or stolen. I hear it cost alot to replace.

3rd, if you are looking for a C43/36, I know a great place to get one. It is where I bought mine and the staff is really cool. Get in touch with me if you want more information.

Regards
DLS

JRE320
07-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the board.

I agree with Denlasoul on the 2nd pic. I think the car would look so sloopy with that middle piece missing.

Seem's like members from Seattle area is getting bigger everyday.
It's time a GTG for you guys to meet face to face with each other.
Don't you guys forget to take lots of pics.... ;) :cool: :)

Denlasoul
07-05-2003, 04:18 PM
I was out with 98_Benzo today and we were talking about trekking to Cali to roll with you guys. Maybe when AFII comes out or a similar GTG for Club 202? I'm worknig on it.

So far, I know that me, 98_Benzo, Eurosport, dj-po, jnolte and aloopy are in my immediate area. That would be a nice lil caravan down!

We'll see what develops. :)

aloopy
07-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey Denlasoul,

Did you get my email?

Denlasoul
07-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Yeah I did, check yours :)

I would not advise using a place to locate a car. I think it would lessen the chance for you to negotiate the price. Does anyone know if you ask a place to locate a car, do you have to agree on a price in advance? Besides, they can always say how hard it was to find it, etc etc..and all that crap. I would just wait around till the best car came up. Definitely try out the place I informed you about. They almost always have an AMG car on the lot. You can also talk them down a bit too.

DLS

98_Benzo
07-07-2003, 08:10 AM
Hey, if you want to locate a car, call this woman. She is the best at that, she can find any car and her prices are HELLA good. I can gaurantee this, I work at a credit union and we have a lot of members go to her and get cars. Here is her website for anyone who wants it:

www.amazingautowoman.com
206-909-2476

her name is Heidi, just tell her Kevin from King County Credit Union sent you.

maxboxa
07-07-2003, 10:49 AM
that piece that is missing in the first pic comes off pretty easy. i'm guessing it's removed for towing purposes. i've fastened them down with zip ties as mine kept falling out.