PDA

View Full Version : Offset Problem

shirzad61
08-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok I'm new to this site, and as I was reading other people's threads it answered lots of my problems, but well let me explain my situation, I have a a set of 19" Mille miglia EVO's on my 94 c220, now I have 245/35/19's in tha back and I wanna go with 235/35/19's for the front, is this doable if I don't lower my car, when I look behond the front wheels I can see that it barely clears the upper control arm or what ever that is inside. now as I saw some setups here on people's cars I saw someone who had the same tires on his car, and his offset was 37, now I don't know my offset?!? how whould I go about checking that, asking dealer is out of the queston as I bought them used, so is there something I can measure? now when I know what my offset is I have to get it closer t0 37 to be able to clear the fenders, just like that guy's car. (btw that car was very sweet!!!!) I guess I can use spacers for that, now do I have to lower the car to be able to clear because that piece of suspension is in an angle and it looks like if the car is lowered the wheel would sit higher and not touch. I want to lower my car, but not yet, well I'm looking for used springs, but till then can I just get those tires? right now I have a wiered 215/35/19 setup for the front and that's just not working out.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks guys!!

crsh2
08-10-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by shirzad61
I have 245/35/19's in tha back and I wanna go with 235/35/19's for the front, is this doable if I don't lower my car, when I look behond the front wheels I can see that it barely clears the upper control arm or what ever that is inside. now as I saw some setups here on people's cars I saw someone who had the same tires on his car, and his offset was 37, now I don't know my offset?!? how whould I go about checking that, asking
any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks guys!!

I think the offset is stamp inside the wheel somewhere i could be wrong. but if its on the car now with no problems you should be okay to put that tire set-up.
thats what most people have.