PDA

View Full Version : need new aftermarket exhaust, suggestions?

trymonlam
08-10-2005, 09:40 AM
guys,
took the car into the shop today because there's a strange rattling noise around 750-1100 rpm. the problem was eventually found at the exhaust, with it's inner lining of the exhaust tips pilling off. the whole unit (tips and piping) from the cat and back is custom made by some local shop and put on by the previous owner. it's not bad, but quite loud in mid-high rev... so with this problem, i want to get a new exhaust with good performance that's relatively quieter. i have a reiger body kit, so i probably will need a something straight that can get through the hole. any suggestions? all replies will be appreicated.

jnenad16
08-10-2005, 12:04 PM
remus, supersprint are relatively quiet throughout the rpm range, and the power gains are reasonable, however if the power is what you are after, you would need a higher flowing cats as well.

nenad

mayagman
08-10-2005, 01:09 PM
I'd give remus the nod. They're extremely well built and powdercoated. The sound is beautiful and the throttle response is very noticable.

Ashkan's C280
08-10-2005, 02:06 PM
what about mag flow, I know speedy benz uses them and I have heard good things about their power

trymonlam
08-10-2005, 02:37 PM
thanks, everyone for your input.
i will look into it. what should i expect price wise?

jnenad16
08-10-2005, 05:45 PM
direct fit remus and supersprint run anywhere from $400-600.
as for magna flow, its a good performance muffler, but its loud, and trymonlam said hes looking for a quieter one.

nenad

nokia8860
08-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I have a RET muffler on my car.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album20/tips.sized.jpg

MrSpace
08-10-2005, 09:20 PM
I still have my complete header=back Magnaflow custom exhuast (with cats) for sale..

complete set will run you less than a remus catback probably

Etienne

alboogiee
08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
I have a RET muffler on my car.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album20/tips.sized.jpg

that's a nice exhaust, what is RET? i tried to google them but not much help.. is this it? http://fac183.tripod.com/eisenmann/eisenmann.htm

nokia8860
08-12-2005, 05:13 PM
RET/Eisenmann

Ive tried Remus, Supersprint, Sebring and even Leistritz and in all honesty I like the RET most of all.

alboogiee
08-12-2005, 06:23 PM
thanks for the info, i reseach the Eisenmann for 202 and there is sport and race, i see the charts that power gain in minimal tho but what concerns me is noise level, the sport seems to have tested much quieter then the race... what i am getting at is the exhaust note better/same between sport or race, .

..looks like this will be my next mod so im going to really do my homework, as the RET is listed at $730+ on the Eisenmann web site...

i was torn between a c36/43 new/used whichever i can get my hands on... (Susanto if you still have ur c36 hit me up) and now i really am into the RET, i really am taken by the look of it, very sharp lines and clean look, i like the sound of remus but not the look (cheap)

thanks,

Alex

nokia8860
08-12-2005, 08:17 PM
The sport is not overly done in the noise department. On WOT sound is great @ cruise on the freeway 3-4k noise is not really an issue.

I'll try to find my portable tape recorder and record the in cabin sound.