PDA

View Full Version : Pro. Tint Shop in S.F. area??

97C28O
08-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey there,

Does anyone in the S.F. area know any good professional tint shops? I don't know much about tint but I would like to know how much it cost to tint the rear window, back passenger windows, and front windows (if legal).

Thanks.

neema12
08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Front windows is not legal if under 35%, its a fix it ticket. Most people that get in trouble with the fronts will peel it off and tint it agian later. I suggest getting 35% all around if you really want tints. Many people like the same shade all around, dosent look getto like 5% in rear and 20% in front. I had a friend who works in a tint show, double 5% all around... it was stupid. Tinting will cost $200 plus. Once you mention its a benz the price will double. Also, make sure you get tints from a good price that will give warrenty and has experience with mercedes, we are special and need extra time and skill with our windows.

97C28O
08-11-2005, 08:00 PM
That's what I'm thinking about tinting my windows. I haven't decided yet if I'll go little darker on the back windows or stay with 35% all around. I'm sure i want the lifetime warranty and a professional to tint my car.

neema12
08-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Their is a tint shop I heard that is good but I never tired them and dont like how they manage the shop. They quoted me more than $200 less than a year ago, I dropped the idea because I dont want to take clear vision from me. I like being able to have full watch for everything, mabye the reason I have never been in an accident... Anyways, its off the cezar chavez exit going towards downtown, facing direcly towards the exit ramp, cant miss it. Looks like a getto lot of stolen cars, you will need to watch where you park driving a benz down their. I am sure their are seveal other good tint shops around, but shop around to make sure you choose the right person.

knvs
08-12-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by neema12
Their is a tint shop I heard that is good but I never tired them and dont like how they manage the shop. They quoted me more than $200 less than a year ago, I dropped the idea because I dont want to take clear vision from me. I like being able to have full watch for everything, mabye the reason I have never been in an accident... Anyways, its off the cezar chavez exit going towards downtown, facing direcly towards the exit ramp, cant miss it. Looks like a getto lot of stolen cars, you will need to watch where you park driving a benz down their. I am sure their are seveal other good tint shops around, but shop around to make sure you choose the right person.

if its in a do it yourself car wash i know that place. I actually had them do my GTI and they did a great job. I did my c55 at a place in burlingame and i think the one in sf off cesar chavez did a better job.

JDoggery
08-12-2005, 08:25 AM
I went to one in San Mateo. It's called Best Image I think. I'll look for the number and address. The price was very reasonable, less than 200 for all windows, and they stand by their work. I had my two front's replaced about 2 months after it was done becasue of scratching with no hassle what so ever. I also purchased felt strips so that there would be no more scratching.

tinter101
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
This might be a late post but what the hell.
Ask how many years experience the insaller has who will be
tinting your car, (7-8 years min.) Then make sure they use
Llumar ATR tint. This is one of the only films with a no-fade
warranty. You will get a lifetime warranty that is good anywhere
in North America. Be sure they put felt on the moldings, this
will require removal of the door panels. They need to know how this is done. Maybe call the nearest Benz dealer and see who they use. Let me know if you have any questions or if you need
felt. Thanks, Tinter.

97C28O
09-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks tinter101 for the tips.

I saw an ad in a newspaper that said they do window tinting. The shop is called Auto Tech Stereo. They're located in S.F. 396 5th St.

The ad says:
-Silhouette high performance window film
-Lifetime Warranty
-Protect against UV rays
and what do they mean by 3 window and 1 piece cut?
The ad says special starting at $99*

Has anyone here got their Benz tinted there?

I still looking for tint shops.

tinter101
09-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Probably means that they will tint 3 windows with no splices for $99. I wouldn't go for the best price but rather Llumar tint, (sillouette) tint is crap and will turn purple in a couple of years trust me. Llumar ATR film or Vista, stay away from everything else.
Call your local Benz dealer, see who they use.

97C28O
09-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Arlight, thanks dude!

I'll see what I can do! I won't be tinting my car yet, maybe soon. I'm in no hurry, just wanted some advice and do some research first...

97C28O
10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Alright finally deciding to get tint with in next month!

I've called many places and they quoted from 250-450$!

JDoggery how is that tint going from that shop?

knvs: How much did the tint run you? my dad's factory is near there and i drive by seeing a car wash place. Seems very ghetto looking..

If anyone knows anyplace that in the bay area please list it. I will not go over 200$ for tints.