PDA

View Full Version : This must be a scam!!!

adelaros
08-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Supercharge your car, truck, van, boat,
RV, or motorcycle in just 5 minutes.

http://www.turbonator.com/index.html

aruba
08-12-2005, 09:19 AM
believe it or not mercedes benz did have one of this kits factory instaled in the air intake of the sl 320 1991 wow !!!!

jnenad16
08-12-2005, 12:37 PM
thats same as tornado, however, I did experience low end gains with the tornado on my C280.

nenad

vbrock1137
08-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Hmm, there are some tornados on eBay for pretty cheap. I might just try one out and report the results.

stox
08-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Absolute snake oil on a fuel injected engine. The only thing it can do is restrict airflow. If they worked, don't you think that every car would have them?

benzfan
08-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Geez, they're still allowed to sell these things? Absolutely useless, much like the magnets you stick on your fuel line. Total BS.

Ashkan's C280
08-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I thought the magnets worked if you used enough of them

martattack
08-12-2005, 02:26 PM
What were the magnets supposed to do? Catch metal filings? Hmm.. Pretty sure the fuel filter would catch that before a magnet would.

Pagz
08-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I read the magnets were to align fuel molicules for better combustion efficiency lol....could be true i guess

i would think you would loose top end buy installing this,i have read that a certain amount of swirl in the cc does aid fuel efficiency and therfore power etc.

sombody get on the dyno and install it while your there,would be interesting too see!...

Paul

stox
08-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Magents will not effect the alignment of molecules in gasoline. They are non-polar, and hence will not change their orientation in a magnetic field. Even if they did, the turbulence of passing through the fuel line and injector would make any such alignment disappear.

If any of you guys actually believe the claims made for such products, I have some fine muffler bearings to sell you.

jnenad16
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
ok, here is the thing about magnets and tornado. as they do not yield gains/improvements they advertise, they do help a bit. I had both on my C280, first I installed tornado, didnt see any significant gains, but I didnt remove it, then about a year later I installed the magnets, again I didnt see any significant change, then few months later, I reset the ECU, and after there was some minor power increase. then I decided to remove both the magnets and tornado, and the difference in low end was night and day. I think the car had at least 20% less power in the low RPM, the rest of the RPM's were more or less the same. I drove it like that for about a week, the mileage was about 15% worse, I reinstalled them both after a week and it was all back to normal power and mileage I had before with them installed.
btw, the magnest dont arrange the molecules, they break up molecules that have clustered together, thus more fuel is exposed to air.

nenad

jnenad16
08-12-2005, 06:26 PM
double post

neema12
08-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I think the car had at least 20% less power in the low RPM, the rest of the RPM's were more or less the same. I drove it like that for about a week, the mileage was about 15% worse, I reinstalled them both after a week and it was all back to normal power and mileage I had before with them installed.

Wow!! You gained 20% power in low end with these 2 simply mods? If so ill take a second look for my next car.

stox
08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
ok, here is the thing about magnets and tornado. as they do not yield gains/improvements they advertise, they do help a bit. I had both on my C280, first I installed tornado, didnt see any significant gains, but I didnt remove it, then about a year later I installed the magnets, again I didnt see any significant change, then few months later, I reset the ECU, and after there was some minor power increase. then I decided to remove both the magnets and tornado, and the difference in low end was night and day. I think the car had at least 20% less power in the low RPM, the rest of the RPM's were more or less the same. I drove it like that for about a week, the mileage was about 15% worse, I reinstalled them both after a week and it was all back to normal power and mileage I had before with them installed.
btw, the magnest dont arrange the molecules, they break up molecules that have clustered together, thus more fuel is exposed to air.
nenad

I don't mean to offend, but you are so wrong on this. The only reason I can think of for your results is that the intake was improperly assembled when you removed the tornado and then restored when you reinstalled the tornado. If they had a mere fraction of the effect you report, they would be standard equipment on every car made.

As for the magnets, they have about as much effect on gasoline as they do on glass marbles, none, zero, nada, zilch, the big fat goose egg.

Note: I just might know something about such things. I have some great stories working around a 7 tesla magnetic field at Fermilab. ( The most powerful field in the world in 14.7 tesla )

benzdude280
08-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Why are we discussing this? :rolleyes: :dead:

Pagz
08-13-2005, 07:37 PM
LOL i dont believe these work either......But would like to be prove'n correct/wrong!...
so if anyones got money too burn slap these parts on in between dyno runs next time.

I find it odd one of japans top tuners(top fuel) sells this magnetic product....
If it didnt work,the negative feedback would not be worth it.

http://www.takakaira.com/asp/template.asp?cat=2&id=889&prodID=EFfBcCc%5E%60%3Fa%5Dd%40%5F

benzfan
08-14-2005, 03:49 AM
There is no shortage of negative publicity. Unfortunately there also is no shortage of people who breathe through their mouths and can't read, so they buy the crap. IT'S GARBAGE!!!! 'Nuff said.

Pagz
08-14-2005, 12:16 PM
lol nuff said!...