PDA

View Full Version : Does my car need a new suspension?

nikhajar202
08-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Howdy 202ers,
Do you guys think that my car needs a new suspension...its a 95 c220 with close to 185k miles on it...
I've been looking at the Bilstein Sport shocks and does changing the shocks alone does it or I need new springs...

I've been looking to lower my car a bit...based on experience, what type of springs that you guys recommend on using,without sacrificing the smoothness of a benz ride?
I'm using the stock 15" rims now and will be getting my 18" rims by the end of the month...any suggestion to avoid scraping in the future?

Thanks a lot guys for reading and for ur suggestions...one more thing...if someone could tell me what i need for a new suspension setup...like for e.g. new shocks,pads...etc
Sorry for the looooooong list of help me's

CHEERS!

Pagz
08-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Howdy:)
Woooa...this is a big question man....so so many factors and personal preferences + it seems every car sits differently...

Have you searched for some of the answers?

Paul

yusuke280
08-15-2005, 09:21 PM
with that mile you have there, i'd recommend you to change the whole suspension (shocks + springs) a few months ago, i changed mine to H&R. yes, it looks absolute great but there are so many disadvantages driving here in hong kong.

my car should be the exact same as yours, automatic 95' C220. I now have a set of BBS 17' and H&R full cut kit. Before changing into H&R's, (29000 KM ) yes ONLY 29000 KM the mechanic told me that the shock oil was already leaking.. ( lucky me, changed into H&R's )

anyway, personally saying I would not recommend any rims over 17' sizes. I used to had stock suspension and stock rims and after changing into 17', there are slight delays in braking and acceleration. teh acceleration (without stepping acceleration) the car moves MUCH slower than before, same as braking reaction time is slower. so its your choice for the 18's. if you want pimp look, go ahead should be fine unless your not racing..

H&R's, they look great cuz the front lookes slammed. on the other hand, i feel its really bumpy ( but of course, great cornering ). I head eibach springs are much comfortable, u should go for those... make sure you get the offset, clearance whatever so that your front won't scratch the plastic.. ( nothing wrong, but it makes you uncomfortable lol.. wierd noises )

anyways, have fun and sorry for the long message