PDA

View Full Version : Hagus mirrors dont fit all 202???

Pagz
08-16-2005, 10:26 PM
hey Iv just obtained a set of hagus M3 style mirrors....but they dont fit correctly...my car is 97,and im guessing the door moldings changed in the later models...

can anybody tell me if the mirrors came in two styles for this car??
or should i clear a space for the next year to make custom alloy mounts so the fit right lol.

they look great from this angle

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_78_full.jpg

but not so good from this angle,notice the huge gap....,
and you cant see the side off the car through them from the drivers seat due to the incorrect angle.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_77_full.jpg

Paul

KenzBenz
08-16-2005, 11:34 PM
weird...what year was luwin's w202?

KenzBenz
08-16-2005, 11:57 PM
okay i just checked luwin's was a 99 c230k so technically it should fit. my hagus mirrors came off jon peks c class and thats a...99 or 00 and it fits on my 95.

Pagz
08-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Hmmm,that doesnt make sense at all....So my 97 has some random different doors?...

would you be able to post a pic of yours up close Ken?

KenzBenz
08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
yea doesnt make any sense. sorry i cant provide you with close up pics because they are no longer on the car at the moment but i can tell you that they sat flush to the car. these are some old pics here, thats the closest i can show you
http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11936

Pagz
08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
hey thanks ken,
I just checked slammedC's page also,looks like there is a very slight difference in door moldings....

and its looking like the plan is to make custom mounts out of wood and have them cast in alloy...
i would think it would be easier than replaceing the door :).

Brabus
08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
That's is going to be the best you can get it. Honestly, those mirrors never fit Luwin's car that well either... but his car was so stunning that no one ever noticed.

They fit my w202 fine, but I'm pre model-update. I can show you a pic of mine later if I can find it...

Pagz
08-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Brabus
That's is going to be the best you can get it. Honestly, those mirrors never fit Luwin's car that well either... but his car was so stunning that no one ever noticed.

They fit my w202 fine, but I'm pre model-update. I can show you a pic of mine later if I can find it...

so they didnt fit his well either,they are like 10mm off the door lines,was it that far on Luwins as well? ...
if you could post a pic of yours,would be great!.l

Brabus
08-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes, it was that far off on Luwin's as well...

Here is mine. I'll get you a better pic but it's on my home comp...

Perfect fit.
http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album17/Re_exposure_of_HIN_San_Mateo_2004_051.jpg

SLAMMED_C
08-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 23K
hey thanks ken,
I just checked slammedC's page also,looks like there is a very slight difference in door moldings....

and its looking like the plan is to make custom mounts out of wood and have them cast in alloy...
i would think it would be easier than replaceing the door :).
hmm.. I dont know what to say man.. mine fit my doors really nice.. still not perfect mind you.. but the gap isnt noticable.
is it both mirrors thata re off.. or just the drivers mirror?..
looks like some custom brackets for the doors.. or find a scrap yard and get a set of newer doors!!

Hey BRABUS: is that a real CF hood?.. who makes it?

Pagz
08-17-2005, 06:09 PM
hmmm yeh its a bit of a bugga it turned out this way,yeh both sides are the same....i think i will end up making custom mounts,which could be painful,but less painful than having unmatched silver doors etc...

SLAMMED_C
08-17-2005, 06:30 PM
yeah.. no kidding!.. I dont get why they dont fit better. I dont think there was that much of a difference between the mirror posts from older to newer W202's.
yeh true.. still more work to make the mounts though.. and it sbetter then having mismatched doors.. but ya never know.. ya might find a set in good condition with matching paint!!

Pagz
08-17-2005, 07:18 PM
yeh it would be nice to change the doors but....theres a catch to the paint on my car,its not 744 silver...
my whole car has been repainted(Pro job too),in a slightly more metalic silver,theres no damage to any of the panels or structure inside or out on the whole car,which leads me to think someone chucked brakefluid on it or it was badly key'd etc...
it is almost impossible to tell as they must have removed every piece of exterior trim and there is no overspray anywhere,it also must have a thicker clear coat....i put it next to my old mans new ML and it looked better by far!

99amgc43
08-23-2005, 02:14 AM
damn im glad i didnt buy em