PDA

View Full Version : 95 c280 radio prob

ejagz
08-25-2005, 04:02 AM
I took HU out from 95 C280, cleaned it, changed the fuse and put it back. When I turned it on, it shows WAIT all the time. It is not giving me option to enter the code. Please help.

jnolte
08-25-2005, 10:00 AM
i think the dealership can get you your code

Sulaco
08-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by ejagz
I took HU out from 95 C280, cleaned it, changed the fuse and put it back. When I turned it on, it shows WAIT all the time. It is not giving me option to enter the code. Please help.

I think he said "it is not giving me the toption to enter the code." I assume if he's so far as to remove his head unit and such, he probably already has his code. Most importantly, the code is not his problem. Even if it were a problem, it is clearly not the problem he's inquiring about.

But I digress. I don't know what to say either :(
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then hooking back up, checking for C O D E on head unit?

vbrock1137
08-25-2005, 01:49 PM
I think "wait" means you need to wait a certain period of time with power supplied to the unit before you can enter the code. This is another anti-theft feature. If I recall correctly it's a very long period of time. Your owner's manual should explain how long you should wait, ect.

Then again, I could be wrong.

r0csfinest
08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I think its either a 12 hr wait or 24 hr... I think.....

ejagz
08-26-2005, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the replies, folks.

This is part # A 003 820 51 86 and Becker Radio model is CM2294. I was able to enter the code and radio is functional but below perfect.

Symptoms:
Sound fades out most of the time after 5 - 10 seconds.
Very rarely stays on for minutes but only from left front speaker in the dash board.
Right front speaker in the dashboard, both speakers at the front doors, both speakers at the rear doors and both speakers at the rear shelf.
In addition there is no illumination.

I have all the available info from www.alldatadiy.com placed at www.satrattan.com/tempRadio

Please someone help me locating the problem and steps to rectify it.

stox
08-26-2005, 04:27 AM
FYI, a CM2294 is an Alpine, not a Becker.

ejagz
08-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Thanx stox,

No wonder I was unable to locate exact info. i will redirect my search.

SLAMMED_C
08-26-2005, 06:50 AM
"wait" on the radio display does indeed mean wait!!
you will have to leave the radio on for a length of time.. I think the first time it says "wait" is about 15mins.. then "code" will appear.. if it the comes on a second time (3 consecutive incorrect code inputs) "wait" will then appear again.. this time for maybe an hour.. and if it happens (incorrect code input) again, then you will have to wait 3 hours.
the easiest thing to do is leave either just your radio on.. or leave your ignition on with radio on (but you may want to connect a trickle charger) and leave it till the "code" appears... then enter radio code.
if the radio is interupted at all while in "wait" you will then have to wait even longer.. sdo do not interupt it while it says "wait".
hope this helps.

ejagz
08-26-2005, 07:40 AM
I was able to enter the code. Now I am having difficulty in diagnosing whether it is HU or electrical wires. Are there any easily accessible fuses except in the trunk? Please let me know.

Thanks.