PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary Fans Logic

martattack
08-27-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone knows which sensors are supposed to turn the auxiliary fans on and off.

Currently, my fans are running almost non-stop.

My A/C Compressor is not working.
Even with the Auto Climate Control completely shut off, the fans are still on alot.

The outside temp is usually around 80-90, my engine temp gauge is only around 80-90 Celcius, so it's not running very hot.

Any other ideas or sensors/things to check about that?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

stox
08-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Check the connections to your climate control unit. I had the same problem earlier this year, and that was the culprit.

martattack
08-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by stox
Check the connections to your climate control unit. I had the same problem earlier this year, and that was the culprit.

Thanks. I'll check that one out

jnenad16
08-27-2005, 01:29 PM
when the ac pressure sensor is disconnected or defective, the fans will stay on and the compressor wont be able to run, so I would definitely check that.

nenad

martattack
08-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
when the ac pressure sensor is disconnected or defective, the fans will stay on and the compressor wont be able to run, so I would definitely check that.

nenad

Would that throw a code in the A/C unit? Going to check the resistances of the pressure sensor.

jnenad16
08-27-2005, 03:12 PM
as for the code,I am not sure, run the ac diag and see. but definitely try to test the connections on the pressure switch, turn the ac on, try unplugging it and see if it changes anything, if not, my bet would be on the switch. also, check if there is a power supply to it when the ac is on.

nenad