PDA

View Full Version : Does any one have New springs with stock shocks?

NSXNOS2001
08-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Hey benz drivers I justed wanted to know if any of you guys had installed new lowering springs(H&R ,etc) with stock shock? And if so how is it?

1. Is the car bouncy?
2. Is the ride more rough?
3. If you have 17 inch rims, do you notice any before and after problem?

Let me get to my point, I have 17 rims and stock suspension on a C220. I have the crazy lifted look on the car, plus horrible side to side pull on the steering wheel (especially on uneven roads).

5. Also if you had stock suspension with 17 amg did you notice steering pulling on uneven roads or at fast speeds?

6.I'm planing to buy new H&R lowering springs. Could any one comment on your expericene with these springs.

NISMOPOWERED
08-27-2005, 03:08 PM
1. No

2. No

3. Yes, no

5. Have the 17 AMG had the pulling before and after just the same
Still does well into the triples with no problems.

6. I have Pro kits so cant help your here

c280nz
08-27-2005, 03:25 PM
bigger wheels tend to "track" a bit more than higer profile smaller wheels.
i have lowered suspension, with the factory sport shocks shortened, and i think it handles well. none of the porblems u described, maby ur car is still a bit high

UniqueTouch
08-27-2005, 03:29 PM
so what difference will i see between the H&R and the C36 AMG Spring then??

jnolte
08-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by UniqueTouch
so what difference will i see between the H&R and the C36 AMG Spring then??

H&R is stiffer and makes the car lower...

Renn 208
08-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I installed my H&R springs on my 208 at around 1,500 miles and it did not adversely affect my ride... was neither more bouncy nor more rough.

It has always been on the stock 17" AMG wheels...although I can't say for sure that the H&R springs were any stiffer than the stock AMG springs. Shorter, for sure, stiffer? Can't say.

yusuke280
08-28-2005, 05:31 PM
maybe the roads in the states or canada are better than the ones we have in hong kong...

i have 17' BBS and H&R cup kit (springs and shocks) and it is bouncy, not comfortable but if the road is in good condition the car goes really smooth and great.

cornering is mad, because you think your wheels are biting the road.. ( but don't go over teh limit, ive tried it once and lost traction )

yusuke280
08-28-2005, 05:33 PM
o yes, camber in the front..
teh feel of "cornering" ( only in slow condition eg: parking ) is different from stock.