PDA

View Full Version : clunking soud coming from the front?

knvs
08-30-2005, 04:49 PM
So I've had this clunking noise coming from the front passeger side ever since I lowered my car. I took it to the shop and they said that it was the ball joints. had the lower ball joints, and tie rods replaced but I still have this clunking sound when I gover bumps at lower speeds. The thing is that the car feels fine. Handeling feels tighter then before having ball joints and tie rods replace. Also replaced all 4 tires and had an alignment. Does anyone know what might be wrong? The only thing I can think of is that the fender lining is a bit loose in the front especially near the bumper, but the sound is more of a clunking like something is loose not a rattle like something is flapping around.

fastmayte
08-30-2005, 04:54 PM
could be alotta things, shock bushings, swaybar link, or bad spring pad. put it on a lift and check for worn or broken bushings

alphanumeric
08-30-2005, 10:25 PM
when u installed your lowering springs did u keep the same stock shocks? cuz that could be it! they might be blown..

I have a rear shock at 75k miles, NOT lowered at all.and it is blown out..and it CLUNKS alot.. like over speed bumps and crap..

knvs
08-31-2005, 12:35 PM
No I replaced the shocks too. I have H&R/Bilstien combo with #3 in front and #4 in back. New lower ball joints and tie rod ends. I haven't done my poly bushings yet, but I've checked and the old ones still look ok. The weird thing is that the clunking noise happened right after I lowered the car. I started to hear the clunking noise the next day.

Under Pressure
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
I once had a clunking noise too, it ended up being one of my springs had broken. Might want to check out your springs. Perhaps they arent housed right?

manny
08-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by knvs
The weird thing is that the clunking noise happened right after I lowered the car. I started to hear the clunking noise the next day.

I hope you tightened all your shock mounting bolts with the wheels ON THE GROUND !
I.e. the vehicle weight has to rest on the tires when you tighten the bolts. ;)