PDA

View Full Version : Scratches on Windows Film...

Frenchy
08-31-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I've tinted my front windows for the second time, because of scratches on the film.

I remember that someone told that the after 97 models of 202 have new rubbers that didn't cause some scratches on the film.

On my pre97 202, the window rubbers have some little points.

What about the after97 models ? Anybody has the part # of those new rubbers ?

Thx in advance,

Regards,

Frenchy.

smartkey
08-31-2005, 11:30 AM
I am not sure if the later cars have different window scrapers but I have a 1998 and the window scrapers have made streaks in my tint as well.

I had to remove my door panels to run wires for my blinking mirrors so while I was at it I decided to take care of that this problem by using some spray adhesive to attach some black felt to the window scrapers hopefully when I have the windows retinted that will take car of the problem.

Uncle Jase
08-31-2005, 12:02 PM
hey guys

heres a link to a thread about this subject, this guy has been selling felt strips for $10, I bought a set but have not recieved yet
its enough for all windows and they are precut. and from what I hear it will solve the problem.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5949&highlight=scratches+in+tint

69chevelle
08-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Just for info, I have a 2000 c230k and have the same problem. The shop I went to even tried to sand down the rubber piece but it didn't work.

Ashkan's C280
09-01-2005, 12:52 PM
when did youi buy it from him? hope youre not getting scamed

Uncle Jase
09-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
when did youi buy it from him? hope youre not getting scamed

Me too!:(

jnolte
09-03-2005, 10:27 AM
i got mine from him, work pretty good

tinter101
09-05-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm not scamming anyone. I'm offering these at about cost for members here. I sent the last set to the address I was given.
I was then given a completely different address to send another set to. I'm very busy with work and haven't had the time get the next set out yet. I am sending the second set for free even though it wasn't my fault. Hang in there, it's coming. Scott.

Uncle Jase
09-06-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by tinter101
I'm not scamming anyone. I'm offering these at about cost for members here. I sent the last set to the address I was given.
I was then given a completely different address to send another set to. I'm very busy with work and haven't had the time get the next set out yet. I am sending the second set for free even though it wasn't my fault. Hang in there, it's coming. Scott.

;) Thanks man, I did not think you would scam me, after all you did respond to my emails and offered to send another set for free
also the first address was my job and packages get lost every once in a while, this time I sent you my home address to be on the safe side. thanks for your help.