PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

1SIKBNZ
08-31-2005, 07:05 PM
thoughts on these and the pads? thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-C230-W202-F-R-Drilled-Slotted-Rotors-Pads-Pkg_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ7996177 397QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1SIKBNZ
08-31-2005, 07:07 PM
i think these are the same thing but these also?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-00-MERCEDES-C280-C36-W202-Drill-Slot-Power-Rotors_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ7993 829544QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

thanks!

alboogiee
08-31-2005, 07:24 PM
im in the market too, i am leaning towards slotted only b/c the drilled is more for look rather then slots and drills for show and my experiance with that is decreased pad wear, but that is for axixx altimates with brembo slot/drilled on a infiti g20, pads only lasted 15k miles and rotors always looked like they had rust/dust on their face. so imma try my luck with slotted and if i can find 'em axiss ultimates on the 202.

714guy
08-31-2005, 07:26 PM
both look like good deals.

Superpnoy
08-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
thoughts on these and the pads? thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-C230-W202-F-R-Drilled-Slotted-Rotors-Pads-Pkg_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ7996177 397QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

i bought those rotors...they let me pick them up also...they are pretty good...one suggestion though...do not get dustless pads cause it will make noise...meaning that since dustless pads is a hard compound, when the slotted part of the rotor runs through it, it makes some sort of loud tapping noise...its normal! im still using dustless pads for now cause im tired of cleaning my rims lol

1SIKBNZ
09-01-2005, 08:57 AM
are the pads they are offering considered dustless? it doesnt say "dustless" just semi metallic. thanks!

1SIKBNZ
09-01-2005, 09:00 AM
o and btw, im mainly gettin for looks, do you have a pic showing them on possibly? thanks!

Superpnoy
09-01-2005, 12:23 PM
i assum by metalic...meaning its a hard brake pad...call them up and ask...its better if you hear from them...i have pics back at my LA home...im in my vegas crib right now so maybe i can take pictures later on today

fastmayte
09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
hey, i was lookin at the same combo on ebay.

i read up on reviews on tirerack. good stuf there. ppl noted that slotted rotors ate up pads quick and rotors warped on a avg of 10k miles.
so now i'm leaning toward the plain brembo rotors and ceramic pads on tirerack (f&r 360 shipped for my c220), ppl said the braking improved and they lasted long. very lil dust with ceramic pads.

sig425
09-01-2005, 01:10 PM
drilled rotors do not last as long as other rotors and damage brake pads. They crack at the hole point. Sure they work on a track car but are only designed to last for one session. I would not use a drilled rotor on the street unless you want the "bling" factor. Even then i would not use them... I would get a set on annodized rotors and paint the hats with high temp clear so they stay shiney forever. Drilled are actually more dangerous as you have no idea when or how badly they will crack. A friends eclass broke his rotor in half and did a lot of damage to the caliper and other parts down there.

Slotted...slotted do have some street use as they can help to wick water away from the rotor surface. they can decrease the life of both the pad and the rotor but not enough to really cause anyone much trouble. I use slotted on may track car.

Low dust pads... the only low dust pad I have found to be worth a darn are ebc green stuff. All pads dust but green stuff are made from kevlar which more or less dusts clear. An added benefit is that the kevlar does not eat the finish on a wheel like a standard pad would.

1SIKBNZ
09-01-2005, 01:15 PM
crap, decisions decisions..... lol. anyone else with input? i wanna order sumthin by 2moro hopfully. =)

Superpnoy
09-01-2005, 01:22 PM
hahaha see all these remarks about the rotors breaking is not worth listening to.

Depending on the way you drive...of course it will break if you push your car to the limits and use your brakes hard...now me...on occasion i have to break hard to avoid accidents...but normally i just cruise around...ive had these rotors since january? around that time...so yah its totally up to you!