PDA

View Full Version : Input on stealership advise

sig425
09-02-2005, 11:44 AM
I got my ac control and passenger mirror replaced today. While in the air, they noticed I had a bad/leaking motor mount, a large oil leak from the depths of the engine and all the front suspension bushings where cracked. My resonator is also cracked where the pipe flange meets the body.

Input on what's a must and what's a wait?

They are telling me that if I lower the car I will need to replace most of the front bushings in the process as a lot of that stufff must come apart to install the new springs.

Are there areas of concern for oil leaks on the engine?

should I take the resonator out and replace it with a straight pipe?

sig425
09-02-2005, 12:55 PM
dealership cost to put on lowering springs...
Are you ready?
Mind you this includes new bushings and ball joints and alignment
Are you ready?

$2252.74 :D :D :D :D :D :rolleyes:

1SIKBNZ
09-02-2005, 01:27 PM
you could do poly bushings, lowering springs, new ball joints, and prolly few other extras for in the neighborhood of around $500 or so (installed) fuck the stealership... lmao

sig425
09-02-2005, 01:43 PM
and thats just labor not parts.

vbrock1137
09-02-2005, 01:46 PM
wow, and I thought an indie shop quoting me $750 and 8 hours was ridiculous. I actually laughed at them.

I asked why they quoted me 8 hours and they said "well, it takes 45 min. to get the car on the lift and take the wheels off." LMAO. I could probably change two springs in 45 min. if I had a Klann-type spring compressor!

The resonator and the bushings aren't really life-or-death items, and as far as I know neither are the motor mounts. I could see a dealership replacing the exhaust from the cats back for something like that, make sure if you get it repaired that they fix it, not replace it (mucho $$$$). Might as well straight pipe it though. If you or someone you know can weld it can be done very, very cheap. I bought a piece of pipe at autozone for $4 and cut and welded everything myself. I've heard of exhaust shops doing it for $50 or less I think.

Ashkan's C280
09-02-2005, 07:59 PM
TWS will do spring install for 150 usd and I don't think it would be much more for bushings and ball joints, TWS rules!!!!!!!!! Once I get most of the stuff I want I am going to go to them for one massive install of like 13 mods

Under Pressure
09-02-2005, 08:18 PM
When I had 202, it cost me $150 to put in springs and koni shocks. I just had springs installed on my WRX for $160, and they said they would have put in struts for free at the same time if I had some...