PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking

grover96
09-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Anyone had this problem? My central locking has failed for the 3rd time in a month. 1st time I brought it to the dealer and they installed a new fuse because it had blown. 3 days later, same thing, so this time they replaced the vacuum pump and the fuse. Now, 2 days later, same thing. I'm bringing my C43 in on Tuesday night and letting them keep it for as long as they want until the problem is fixed. MB of Sacramento is even giving me a loaner for my troubles. Anyone have any insight that will help me solve my problem? So far it's all been under my MaxCare warranty...knock in wood. Been $700+ so far.

alboogiee
09-04-2005, 05:06 PM
i remember seeing somthing about this posted before, maybe not your exact problems, but something to that extent...

first off let me give you my opinion of MB of Sac, they are down right rude, and when i took my car there for service they seemed incompetent with their work, and unknowledge. hence i do not bring my car there...

you're from elk grove right? well i know it is a haul but you could check out Stead Motors in Walnut Creek, they are very courtious and knowledge, you wont be treated like you would be at a lexus dealer but it was the best damn service i have received from MB, the parts/service guy i dealt with, (i could be wrong) was steve, he was knowledgable about the 202 because his wife owns one, and for sales i deal with (again i could be wrong) Jim who has been with MB for 20+ years.

again in my opinion, keep brining it in to the dealer until it is fixed as long as it is covered under warrenty that what it is for :D

Alex

grover96
09-04-2005, 05:31 PM
I searched and found nothing like it. I just hope I'm not the only one. I've brought my C43 in for a Type "A" and "B" maintenance and found them nothing but helpful.

1SIKBNZ
09-04-2005, 06:07 PM
stead w.c. rocks! and steve is the shit! if i lived in sac i drive dwn to go there.....

unHookt
07-11-2006, 01:25 PM
I second the opinion on MB of Sacramento. They could very well be causing the problem to repeat itslef. I had a brake job done there recently and my brakes sound like shit - it's been 2,500 miles so there's no break-in or any other BS causing the issue. Just incompetence.

Every other dealer I work with is willing to give me a loaner when I bring my car in, especially since MB service is not open on weekends and there's no way that I'm going to take a day off to service my car.

According to a service rep from MB of Sacramento: "Sorry if this causes a conflict in you schedule, but I hope you can understand with 94+ appts a day, loaners are hard to come by. Look forward to seeing you."

This is a direct quote from an email I received from the rep. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I recommend MB of El Dorado Hills. Nice place, a little out of the way, but they have loaners, good service, and treat you with courtesy. And that's why I paid the extra $$ for the car to begin with.