PDA

View Full Version : Extra oil cooler for automatic transmission

pisit
09-07-2005, 10:09 PM
i was thinking of adding an extra oil cooler for automatic transmission fluid. since i live in a Thailand where the climate is normally very hot and humid. adding the oil cooler would there be any effects in term of pressure drops in the system? btw, i use a 1996 C220, 4speed gear box.
thanks for any suggestion;)

jnenad16
09-08-2005, 12:36 AM
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6366&highlight=transmission+cooler

pisit
09-08-2005, 12:57 AM
i saw the post before and currently i'm using both synthetic for the engine and transmission. it help but not by much.
as i have mentioned before that weather here is vey hot, like 95 degree average and could reach 110 at noon. adding to the hot weather is terrible stop&go type of traffic here in Bangkok.
so i was looking for option of adding a earl oil cooler to the system, but was concern about pressure drops.
anywayz thanks for the reply

alphanumeric
09-08-2005, 01:48 AM
I think an additional transmission cooler to your car would be good.. and would do no harm..

a nice place to find one would be off an 740turbo volvo.. I think the 90+ years have them.. and could easily adapt to our cars.. basically the fluid runs into the external cooler, then runs to the built in radiator cooler then back to the trans as it loops around.