PDA

View Full Version : Clear Corner DIY

gdt858
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I recently purchased a 99 c280 and am looking to buy some clear corners from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLEAR-CORNERS-mercedes-benz-C280-94-00-euro-crystal-set_W0QQitemZ7996352510QQcategoryZ33708QQssPageNam eZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was wondering if anyone hear has put them in theirself or is it a pretty difficult install? What tools are needed to perfrom such a mod?

Any input would be much appreciated. thanks.

knvs
09-09-2005, 10:04 AM
its pretty easy takes 1 min. Open the hood press the clip behind the light and pop it out. Replace with the new one and close hood. your done! :)

!!!!!NJ Drive
09-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by knvs
its pretty easy takes 1 min. Open the hood press the clip behind the light and pop it out. Replace with the new one and close hood. your done! :) yeah thats pretty much it, its a 1-2-3 thing

202rules
09-09-2005, 12:58 PM
And be careful not to break those clips.

trymonlam
09-09-2005, 09:46 PM
yup. it's not a hard process. i have the exact same model. good luck!

nikhajar202
09-10-2005, 12:33 AM
hey 202ers,
Thats neat n i also plan to buy clear corners too...but what im afraid of is the fitting coz some of the members here said that the fitting isn't that good compared to bosch...Any opinions?

Cheers!

Superpnoy
09-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by nikhajar202
hey 202ers,
Thats neat n i also plan to buy clear corners too...but what im afraid of is the fitting coz some of the members here said that the fitting isn't that good compared to bosch...Any opinions?

Cheers!

it will go in for sure...you cant really do anything about aftermarket...what they mean by fitting is that its highly possible that your corners will pop out at high speeds or when you run over a dip...keep in mind i said possible...one of the members on the board did was that he wrapped vinyl or black tape or something around the area where the bulb plug is connected to the corner so atleast if it pops out its still hanging on the wire and you can pull over and attach it back

mbw202
09-13-2005, 04:06 AM
i would be careful of what you buy on ebay.. i bought clear corners from ebay and it didnt fit to well.. there was a big gap between the light and the corner of the quarter panel. Dont look for low price clear corners.. i would spend the few extra bucks and get it for a factory place like pro car parts of something.. that store sells things on ebay to.. i got mine for about $25.. it was a good buy and a good fit.. i got the euro style corner lights and didnt like it to much plus it didnt go with my headlights.. so i went with the ones that were just clear corners not the euro style kind.

dwang
09-13-2005, 04:22 AM
Do it once and do it right! Why bother with cheap imitations? Buy a set of OEM Bosch clear corners for $80 and never look back. You know the fit will be perfect and the polycarbonate clear looks alot better than the Ebay ones. I know, I've been there. Just trying to save you guys from making the same mistake.