PDA

View Full Version : about shock install.....

1SIKBNZ
09-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Ok guys, anyone thinking about new shocks... do it, (especially if your lowered), dont read to far into all the diy threads on shock install they are a lil to in depth if you ask me.... i just put in my bilstein sport shocks yesterday. It took me and my buddy 1 hour (with bullshittin and havin a beer) you do not need any special tools. you do not need to take out any springs, you do not need to take any control bolts out, hell, on the rear you do not even need to take the tires off. (possibly front as well , but we did on the front.)

front:
1. open hood undo top shock bolts ("special tool" can be a vice grip so it does not turn)

2. jack up front of car on stands.

3. undo bottom shock bolt.

4. push up on shock to compress and slide out.

5. slide in new shock.

6. bolt bottom bolt.

7. lower car down and bolt top bolt.

DONE!

rear:
1.remove trunk lining on sides (the carpet stuff)

2. unbolt rear top shock tower bolts

3. raise rear and set on jack stands

4. undo lower shock bolts. (there is a small plastic cover on the arm , remove to get access to the bolt)

5 insert screwdriver into hole in the arm under shock and push up to compress.

6. slide it out

7. slide in new one

8. bolt bottom bolt , (install cover back on)

9. lower down and bolt top shock bolt.

DONE!

I know it seems like a lot of steps but i REALLY broke it down, read them together and its really a piece of cake.
'
easy factor id say 1-10 1 being easiest prolly about a 3 or so. and with the bilstein sports it feels like night and day difference!

nikhajar202
09-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
.and with the bilstein sports it feels like night and day difference!

1SIKBNZ,
Is ur ride still smooth like an mb supposed to be when u use this shocks? im planning to buy one 4 my car....Thanks

Cheers!

1SIKBNZ
09-11-2005, 12:34 PM
its a dream..just a lil bit stiffer, and liike if you hit a bump it doest gie as much, but when you punch on a turn aw man does it hang.. body roll reduced quite a bit and you feel way more in contro... i can wait to get my poly bushings in then itll tighten it up even more.. but if your lowered i would 100 percent say get these..only $309 for the set shipped... i woulda payed more tho...

nikhajar202
09-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks! Thats next on my list....I already purchased 18 in. rims from jnolte just waiting for it to arrive

r0csfinest
09-11-2005, 07:21 PM
You make it sound so eeeeeasy! but I'm dumb and scared to do it with my konis :(

1SIKBNZ
09-11-2005, 11:33 PM
dude bro, it is sooooo easy. lol i thought the same thing! im more of a wiring electronics guy but this was a walk in tthe park. just do one side at a time and that way if you freak out just stop and reassemble but youll see that it is really simple.