PDA

View Full Version : Wrong data card information, Leather? MBTex?

DRM
09-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Hello,

Just looking at the data card print out from the dealership and it says

" 108A LEATHER TWIN GREY "

Although my interior is definately MBTex.

If I put my Chassis number into the Mercedes-Benz Club of Russia's VIN decoder ( http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng )it tells me that I have

" Interior MB-Tex Grey (108) "

Seems odd that MB say that I have Leather and the Russian thing says I have Mb tex right?

Hokke
09-15-2005, 09:37 PM
as far as I know the Russia coder has exact info.
A lot of people here has checked the car VIN and all is right.
But there has been few errors though.
It´s strange that MB dealer has different info.
That might be that in some countries has different meaning on the same number.

Abuimad
09-16-2005, 06:49 AM
that russian thing is not working with my vin for some reason or another, i was kinda worried i tried car fax and my vin checks out...ne idea y it my vin dosent work on the russian website ?

coolin
09-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Leather Twin is MB Tex

Kropf
01-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
that russian thing is not working with my vin for some reason or another, i was kinda worried i tried car fax and my vin checks out...ne idea y it my vin dosent work on the russian website ?

It appears that the decoder has been upgraded since these 09-16-2005 posts:

http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

Their site news states:
"22.01.2006 — VIN decoder now supports American VINs

The new revision features support for VINs of cars produced specially for American market and recognizes vehicles from 1980 till late 2005.

Meanwhile, we continue to work on improving of the VIN decoder, and now have support for mobile devices in plans, either through WAP or special Java applet.

We also look forward to extend database of recognized option codes and improve quality of translation, so please don't hesitate to report any possible inaccuracies you may find in VIN decoder."