PDA

View Full Version : Stripped oil drainage bolt

CMSw202
09-17-2005, 08:24 PM
anyone have this problem?

what are my options?

fastmayte
09-17-2005, 08:55 PM
hey, go to autozone or sears, tehy have a stripped bolt remover (20 bucks for the 5pc kit). actually what i did was keep stripping the head untill i fit a #12 on it instead of teh regualr #13. took it out, never overtightened the new one. just a slight nudge after it stopps turning. :)

Under Pressure
09-18-2005, 12:01 AM
After you sort your problem, get a Fumoto oil drain valve and you will never have to undo another drain plug again...

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7806

I cant wait until my next oil change so I can put it on my own car.

alphanumeric
09-18-2005, 11:57 AM
you sound like the kinda person that would love vise grips!! get yourself a pair.. they lock onto ANYTHING.. that is if you have a strong hand grip to lock them to their tightest..

anyone else love vise grips?

CMSw202
09-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by fastmayte
hey, go to autozone or sears, tehy have a stripped bolt remover (20 bucks for the 5pc kit). actually what i did was keep stripping the head untill i fit a #12 on it instead of teh regualr #13. took it out, never overtightened the new one. just a slight nudge after it stopps turning. :)

I bought this kit. It's actually manufactured by the same makes of vice grips. I just hammered the 13mm size piece to the stripped bolt and after a couple tries had it lose. Now I have some nice clean running mobile 1 0w 40 in my 202 hehe

Thanks guys for all the input