PDA

View Full Version : need an slk hood for my project!

jstrat85
09-18-2005, 04:17 PM
hi guys i need your help! i was wondering were can i get an slk hood? it doesnt matter if its been hit. the only thing that i want to be good on it, is the 2 groves that it has in the middle of the hood!;)

Abuimad
09-19-2005, 01:37 AM
your gonan install the whole hood on your car...is that even possible, well if you want to save a ton of money why not keep your custom hood and take it to a good body shop and make him do the 2 grooves for you

jstrat85
09-19-2005, 11:38 AM
i want to cut the 2 groves off the slk hood and weld it on to me existing hood, and then paint it:D

Abuimad
09-19-2005, 03:47 PM
ok if you do get it done u should definetly post some pics or if you have some pics already that would be gr8 cause im dying to c how it would look like

jstrat85
09-19-2005, 04:54 PM
i will post pics when i put on my new rims and do the fender flares. stay tunned.....

john

Abuimad
09-19-2005, 07:15 PM
ill definetly stay tuned, im really interested in seeing those pics, always thought of doing something with my hood just never knew what...and it is an vg idea, so keep us posted

Under Pressure
09-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Maybe you should do the Renntech E7.4RS style hood with the indentation coming from an opening on the hood. This would be great for the turbo engine to release some of that hot air sure to build up in the engine bay. I dont know if these pics will work but here it is....

http://www.jrdtuning.com/images/gallery/EV12c.jpg http://www.jrdtuning.com/thumbs/EV12.jpg

Ashkan's C280
09-20-2005, 09:15 AM
I remember steve saying something about some euro guys had the slk powerdomes, pics anyone?

Don
09-20-2005, 09:53 AM
...sure :D

http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/3077/harsewinkel1022rf.jpg

Hood (http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/3077/harsewinkel1022rf.jpg)

I had got the same idea as you, but my hood was a few times ago painted by Mercedes-Benz, so i had given up the idea.

Looks quite good, but, in my opinion, you have to clean the star from the hood.

Ashkan's C280
09-20-2005, 09:54 AM
picture no work

Renn 208
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
picture no work

works for me...

Ashkan's C280
09-20-2005, 12:22 PM
because it was edited to be fixed....

Ashkan's C280
09-20-2005, 12:23 PM
looks sort of weird... but I like it, maybe some vents to get cold air in? or as said before get hot air out? or both if that could be done?

Ashkan's C280
09-20-2005, 12:32 PM
love the color too, smoke silver rules

jstrat85
09-20-2005, 01:11 PM
that shit looks so fuckin nice!! i cant wait untill i do it to my car! any body has any info on how he did this mod???

Under Pressure
09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
jstrat, I think you should go with my vented hood idea (like the Renntech car pics above). The SLK hood idea doesnt serve much purpuse, but the vented hood will allow hot turbo air to escape from the engine compartment - and it looks more aggressive for the show circuit. Also, you may have difficulty to find a second hand SLK hood to cut apart, but the vented hood you can do while your car at bodyshop getting fender flares put on since you won't need a donor hood.

You cant go wrong with either, but I think vented hood are super hot.

Ashkan's C280
09-20-2005, 02:45 PM
can't you have both on one hood, just smaller vent width?

Under Pressure
09-20-2005, 04:08 PM
can't you have both on one hood, just smaller vent width?

I think that would look too busy.

jstrat85
09-20-2005, 05:07 PM
this is what i had in mind. slk groves with 2 opemings on the side with . like this hood.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-AUDI-A4-S4-REAL-VIS-EURO-R-CARBON-FIBER-HOOD-HOT_W0QQitemZ4575985618QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Ashkan's C280
09-20-2005, 05:26 PM
I thought it mightbe too busy but if you used the power domes and an inlet or outlet for ait it would be less busy and add some help, better than not being there, and would be very tasteful

Under Pressure
09-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by jstrat85
this is what i had in mind. slk groves with 2 opemings on the side with . like this hood.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-AUDI-A4-S4-REAL-VIS-EURO-R-CARBON-FIBER-HOOD-HOT_W0QQitemZ4575985618QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

That eBay link shows a pretty ugly hood. I say either put the dome on without a vent, or put one or two big vents without power domes, like the Renntech car. But don't put both - its just too much craziness going on and will take away the clean look (might be entering the overdone look that way). Part of the art is balance and knowing when to stop, as well as what mates nicely with what. But this is just my opinion

jstrat85
09-21-2005, 05:53 AM
i really like the slk idea im just going to do that. it looks aggresive and it also looks oem and clean!

Under Pressure
09-21-2005, 07:36 AM
i really like the slk idea im just going to do that. it looks aggresive and it also looks oem and clean!

I sincerely feel that either way it would look hot. I just like how the vented hood shows off the "turbo-ness" of your car. But then again, the domes are very "Mercedes" and looks dman good. And vented hoods have been done by many, the domes will look more unique ;) So good choice. :bandit:

Ashkan's C280
09-21-2005, 10:18 AM
let us know how this goes, I am interested in the cost and labor of having this done, a very nice addition to a w202

jstrat85
09-23-2005, 06:01 PM
guys i need your help on finding a recked hood off an slk. the only thing that has to be in mint condtion are the grooves on it!!! please help me find a hood!!!

Under Pressure
09-23-2005, 06:20 PM
guys i need your help on finding a recked hood off an slk. the only thing that has to be in mint condtion are the grooves on it!!! please help me find a hood!!!

jstart, I think I suggested this place to you to find out about a cluster for your car. I cant remember what they told you, but now try to see if they can sell you an SLK hood. Its a Mercedes "junk yard" and their site shows lots of messed up SLK's with good hoods...

http://silverstarrecycling.net/modules.php?name=html&file=mbz_models

MBenzNL
09-24-2005, 02:48 AM
I really don't understand why one would need an SLK hood to get this done...get something like that made out of steel or fiberglass...it probably already exists somewhere...

and honestly - I don't like the look of it on the C class (saw it on a meeting once in germany).

greetingz,

Under Pressure
09-24-2005, 11:27 AM
The more I think about it, the more I too think it may not be a great idea in the look of the finished product. The reason is because the W202 is a two-tiered (i.e., multiple level) hood.

There is the lower portion, running from the headlights to windshield. And there is also the raised portion, running from grill to windshield. The area from the lower portion to raised portion is very much angled.

The power domes, however, would be running straight back as oppossed to angled. This probably would not compliment eachother.

The picture on the first page of this thread that shows it on a W202 appears to have too many lines not working with eachother. It looks kind of like a wrinkly forehead.

I really think you should consider doing the massive Renntech style vent instead. It will work with your car's lines, it will be cheaper, and you wont have to find a donor hood. Plus you can tell everyone "yea thats to vent out all the hot turbo air under the hood" :bandit:

jstrat85
09-24-2005, 05:22 PM
the reason i need an slk hood is because it will come out perfect. i was going to make it out of fiberglass but i need to rent an slk and get the mold. they are asking $400 just to rent an slk for 1 day. thats way to much and then another how much to mold it. and on top of that to install and paint??? its going to be a very expensive mod!!! wait and see how nice its going to look. a very aggresive look. also you need to have a flat badge for this mod to look good!;) ;)

Ashkan's C280
09-24-2005, 09:55 PM
I think its a very tasteful oem looking mod, and well IMO the lines match very well, this is a very nice looking mod, even with a standing star, if it does not get to costly I would also like to do this mod

aruba
09-27-2005, 09:37 AM
found this pics might help

http://www.3arabiyim3adali.com/site/modules.php?set_albumName=album57&id=PICT0126&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php (www.3arabiyim3adali.com/site/modules.php?set_albumName=album57&id=PICT0126&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php)

www.3arabiyim3adali.com/site/modules.php?set_albumName=album57&id=PICT0187&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Abuimad
09-28-2005, 03:33 AM
the guys hood was it an SLK, cause it didnt look that nice, i thought it would look more aggressive, or maybe its looks were lost because of the huge body kit the man had on

alhacker
09-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
the guys hood was it an SLK, cause it didnt look that nice, i thought it would look more aggressive, or maybe its looks were lost because of the huge body kit the man had on
thnx for ur opinion and plz dont diss out my car ... check in the past threads and see what the people though of it, this car is all custom no ideas stolen from anyone... now i got a new set of rims ET 15 with 3 cm spacers for the rear... custom widebody (by metal not fiber glass)... (engine swap inprogress too)

jstrat85 rent a slk hood take mold of its hood then apply it to urs very easy... i did it in 2 days with paint...

Abuimad
09-28-2005, 09:05 AM
different ppl have different opinions, some may like it some may not, and i didnt say i dont like ur car, i said that the hood was lost inthe huge body kit u had on.
ps: what ur car interior like ? and r u in beirut or no ?

alhacker
09-29-2005, 08:36 AM
different ppl have different opinions, some may like it some may not, and i didnt say i dont like ur car, i said that the hood was lost inthe huge body kit u had on.
ps: what ur car interior like ? and r u in beirut or no ?

yes in beirut, and i have a custom inerior but not yet finished, grey black, with carbon fiber trim, carbon fiber dash insert and a carbon fiber gear shift...

aruba
09-29-2005, 08:43 AM
of topic here : a guy here in aruba that is from libanon told me that they sell projector headlights for 202 in libanon do you have any info on this?? btw i think the slk hood mod looks cool

Abuimad
09-29-2005, 11:02 AM
man hook me up, i want to change my wooden interior to CF i want a amg body kit, and i want the name of a good mechanic i live in beirut (near sodeco) and i need some H.E.L.P.
as for the projector headlights if i c ne i will tell u how much they are, cause im looking for a pair myself,

jstrat85
09-29-2005, 06:02 PM
ok guys i found a hood. $100 shiped to my house. got my new rims in yesterday also. i mounted them on allready! i will try to take some pics as soon as possible.

Under Pressure
09-29-2005, 08:04 PM
ok guys i found a hood. $100 shiped to my house. got my new rims in yesterday also. i mounted them on allready! i will try to take some pics as soon as possible.

And with these new additions, jstrat confirms his status as "owner of the most pimp W202" :cool:

Ashkan's C280
09-29-2005, 08:25 PM
:werd:

Abuimad
09-30-2005, 12:07 AM
wow thats a very very good price man, a hood for 100 dollars....thats low..very low, now dont b stingy and take some pics

Ashkan's C280
09-30-2005, 12:08 AM
that is a very sweet price indeed, I hope this turns out well, I'd like to do this mod in the future

aruba
09-30-2005, 05:17 AM
every time i see jstrat85 s car i say DAMN!!! but i think in the near future ill be saying holy shit!!!
jstrat85 thats one sick ride you have there can wait to see how the hood will look like on youre car and those fender flares are you plannig on putting them soon??? post some pics as soon as youre done keep it up men!!!

jstrat85
09-30-2005, 05:29 AM
underpressure thank you for the coplment:D thank you all! guys you know i share all the love with you guys. i have my family but you guys are my second family:D i will try to post pics as soon as im done. im trying to have everything done by Oct 20 because oct 23 theres an import night at AC. im talking to my body shop guy for a good prices, and for everything to be done right!;)

stay tunned........

jstrat85
10-06-2005, 06:34 PM
got my slk hood in today. will post some pics tom!

Abuimad
10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
wow thats auusome, so im thinking you will be done in a week......well post some pics when your done, and dont forget to change ur sig

btw, well you got the rimms...the body kit....the unique hood...im dying to see what your gonna do next :D

jstrat85
10-07-2005, 05:57 AM
this mod im probably going to star maybe by next week and i might do the fendrs at the same time so stay tunned!:D i wll post pics when im done!

Under Pressure
10-07-2005, 05:35 PM
I can't believe you found an SLK hood for only $100 including shipping to your house!!! What is your source? ;)

jstrat85
10-07-2005, 05:38 PM
whats up guys i went to my body shop today and i showed them what i want to do and they looked at me like i was crazy!:D lol. they told me that it has to be done right because if its not done right with the vibration it could crak! does any body have an idea what would be the best way??? thank you

Ashkan's C280
10-07-2005, 07:40 PM
can't you just mold it in like a hood scoupe

Under Pressure
10-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Pardon my "shoot from the hip" answer as I have no experience in body work, but, wouldnt you just cut out the area the domes will go, then weld them on? This way I would imagine (though I dont know) that nothing would crack, assuming the domes are metal themselves (as oppossed to fiber glass or something that cracks easily). I mean, if you weld it on it becomes part of the hood and wont crack anymore than it would on an SLK, right???

alhacker
10-07-2005, 09:22 PM
hello,

i used the fiber glass way, but sorry i was not able to take pictures ... so what happend is that a mold was taken off the slk hood 5 cmm from each strip... then they were placed on my car they wher trimmed from under neath so as they sit on the hood without any force. then the hood was sanded down with really thich sand paper under the surface of contact with fiber glass strips then fiber glass mesh was applied to stick them on ( if u use bondo and putty it will definitley crack, u can only use fiber glass mesh) then sanded down all the hood and it was ready to paint...

i wanted the metal way but my body shop guy siad that it will twist while welding... (and by welding it is totaly undoable if u get bored of it)

Originally posted by Under Pressure
Pardon my "shoot from the hip" answer as I have no experience in body work, but, wouldnt you just cut out the area the domes will go, then weld them on? This way I would imagine (though I dont know) that nothing would crack, assuming the domes are metal themselves (as oppossed to fiber glass or something that cracks easily). I mean, if you weld it on it becomes part of the hood and wont crack anymore than it would on an SLK, right???

jstrat85
10-14-2005, 03:50 PM
can you post some pics of your hood???

SLAMMED_C
10-14-2005, 07:50 PM
where did ya get the hood from?.. mercedes salvage yard?.. Im looking for some bumpers for my C.. can ya let me know where you got the hood from?

Abuimad
10-14-2005, 08:49 PM
thats his car
http://www.3arabiyim3adali.com/site/modules.php?set_albumName=album57&id=PICT0126&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/abuimad/PICT0126.jpg

jstrat85
10-15-2005, 12:11 PM
i think this is the number 1800 783 4911 mb junk yard;)

Ashkan's C280
11-04-2005, 09:28 PM
what happened with this?

Under Pressure
11-05-2005, 05:20 PM
what happened with this?

Its on the back-burner while jstrat takes care of some family issues. But considering his past work, you can bet that when it gets done, its going to be perfect.

jstrat85
11-05-2005, 06:09 PM
IM trying my best as soon as possible. I cut the slk grooves off the slk hood today, now IM going to do my fenders probably this week and IM going to be doing my new steering wheel and then my hood. so ones again stay tuned;)

Abuimad
11-06-2005, 02:49 AM
what steering wheel are u installing ????

jstrat85
11-06-2005, 04:37 PM
The v2 sport steering wheel its half wood half leather with the thumb rest.;)

Abuimad
11-06-2005, 05:25 PM
yeah i love that wheel, ive been trying to find one but al im finding is black with wood, and i want beige with wood...

jstrat85
11-12-2005, 04:48 PM
ok so i went to another body shop for my hood and he told me that what i want to do with my hood, it is going to crack with the vibration. that shit sucks! what should i do???:( :mad:

Ashkan's C280
11-12-2005, 06:00 PM
its been done before, why can't it be done again?

Abuimad
11-12-2005, 07:17 PM
exactly alhacker did it, and his car seems to be fine.....maybe you should pm him or get his email and find out exactly how he did installed it, this mod would look phat on ur car..and it would make it a one of a kind...good luck

Ashkan's C280
11-12-2005, 07:19 PM
and not just on his car, this mod looks good on any 202, if there was a cheap means on getting this done, I would have it done along with the avantgrade grill

Abuimad
11-12-2005, 07:32 PM
IMO the beuty of the slk hood is that it would look good if you have a body kit on..and it would also look good with a bone stock car....

jstrat85
02-11-2006, 02:56 PM
all right guys guess what? i am done with my hood and it looks fuck wicked!!! i was going to take pics of it today but the weather here in new york sucks! alot of snow, so i will try to take pics as soon as possible!

Abuimad
02-11-2006, 04:33 PM
CONGRATS.....man rain/snow whatever just take the pics then take new ones.....
waiting on them pics

jstrat85
02-11-2006, 05:43 PM
the hood came out so fuckin hot! i dont want to spoil it with stupid pics;) ;) ;)

SLAMMED_C
02-12-2006, 07:02 PM
we need pics!!!..
what did you end up doing?.. have it fiber glassed?.. or have the power domes welded to the hood?

Ashkan's C280
02-13-2006, 03:16 PM
so what did you end up doing to solve the problem?

jstrat85
02-13-2006, 05:53 PM
OK i didn't end up putting the domes in the middle. that a surprise! i took it to him to fix my fenders because it was rubbing and he told me that he was going to do my hood also. im like shit.... why not. so they took the domes welded them on to the hood and then filled them up with metal bondo! it looks like its OEM! it gave a crazy fuckin look to the car! it looks like its on steroids and i also put on my turbo badges and i put on my 10mm spacers in the back so it looks more beefy! i want to takes PICS but there is so much fuckin snow in new York it sucks balls!

SLAMMED_C
02-13-2006, 05:56 PM
OK i didn't end up putting the domes in the middle. that a surprise! i took it to him to fix my fenders because it was rubbing and he told me that he was going to do my hood also. im like shit.... why not. so they took the domes welded them on to the hood and then filled them up with metal bondo! it looks like its OEM! it gave a crazy fuckin look to the car! it looks like its on steroids and i also put on my turbo badges and i also put on my 10mm spacers in the back so it looks more beefy! i want to takes PICS but there is so much fuckin snow in new York it sucks balls!
damn.. you cant tease us like this man!! just brush off your car and take some pics!!

jstrat85
02-13-2006, 05:58 PM
i will try to take some pics tom

Ashkan's C280
02-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I NEED PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so wrong to tease

aruba
02-14-2006, 04:23 PM
men congrats thats so cool you got to do youre hood pics pls

jstrat85
02-18-2006, 08:38 PM
all right guys here you go. sorry about the wait but project slk hood is complete!:D ;) ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/jstrat85/hood6.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/jstrat85/hood4.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/jstrat85/hood5.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/jstrat85/hood1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/jstrat85/hood8.jpg
Every time I look at the hood IM like dam it looks like a peace of art! they did an awesome job!!

OCKlasse
02-18-2006, 10:30 PM
wow :eek: great job! looks incredible!

W202Power
02-18-2006, 11:08 PM
WOW!!!! VERY NICE!! It looks Great!!!

Good Job!

Abuimad
02-19-2006, 03:05 AM
wow....i cant believe it looked THAT good...looks beutifull perfect..and sporty..nice mod

jstrat85
02-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Thank you guys! I like it so much when you sit inside and drive the car you can see the grooves on the hood. it looks crazzzzyyy now IM doing a full exhaust 2 1/2 stainless steel all the way in the back. Removing my cats putting one high flow cat and my resonator IM also doing bigger injectors and a piggy back ECU and IM going to bring up the boost to 9 pounds!

Ashkan's C280
02-19-2006, 10:20 AM
wow very nice, and that exhust should be sweet, where do you live, if its in ca, does one high flow cat pass emissions? is it 200 or 400 cell? and its a 220 right? can it handle 9 pounds without forged internals? and most importantly, what made you decide to put them on on the lines that were already there instead of inside those so it would like it \ | | / instead of
\ / ? again very nice car, i must say, you are very high up there with bad ass 202s...

SLAMMED_C
02-19-2006, 11:18 AM
NICE!!... that was well worth the wait man.
your hood turned out awesome.. very sweet.... whoever did it for you did a great job of smoothing everything and blending everything.

Don
02-19-2006, 11:24 AM
looks absolute great!! One question, have you made all these mods by yourself, or was it made by someone else? Is this your job, to make special car mods?

jstrat85
02-19-2006, 04:35 PM
went to school to design cars. I have been designing cars now for over 4 years. I do a lot of my mods but I have some that helps me out sometimes. And no its not my job its my hobby!

SLAMMED_C
03-02-2006, 06:32 PM
went to school to design cars. I have been designing cars now for over 4 years. I do a lot of my mods but I have some that helps me out sometimes. And no its not my job its my hobby!
Thats cool man.. I wanted to go to school for that.. but the course was full and I couldnt ge into it.. so I decided to join the work force and work for a year.. reapply.. but that was like 6 years ago now!!.. no turning back.. Im almost done my apprenticeship.. and I will be writting my license soon (mechanics license).
but I love working on cars.. especially ones I can mod.. I love making my own parts for my car too.. just so much more enjoyable.. plus I can say.. I made that!

K_Sport Driver
03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I gotta admit when I first read this thread, i thought that your hood was going to look lumpy as hell and not flow well with the car at all, but those pictures dispell that. looks quite nice. much more subtle than i had imagined.

redline
03-02-2006, 11:36 PM
talk about taking it to the next level! The hood looks fantastic!!

jstrat85
03-03-2006, 11:03 AM
thank you guys. the hood came out looking crazzzyyy. it makes the car look like its on steroids! i have a couple of new mods that i want to do. i will post some new pics to show you guys how my motor came out! stay tuned.....;)

Abuimad
03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
i have a couple of new mods that i want to do. i will post some new pics to show you guys how my motor came out! stay tuned.....;)

there is no stopping you is there....good luck and love ur work

jstrat85
03-03-2006, 05:32 PM
there is no stopping you is there....good luck and love ur work
haha nope! its an addiction!:( ;) :D :D :D give me some more!:D

SLAMMED_C
03-03-2006, 05:34 PM
hopefully you wont keep us in the dark for too long as to what your new mods are jstrat!!

jstrat85
03-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I painted my whole motor. The engine cover I painted Ferrari red and my fan covers and fuse boxes I painted a glossy black IM doing bigger injectors full exhaust, removing my 2cats putting one high flow cat removing my resonator and doing a 2 1/2 down pipe up the supersprint exhaust. bring up the boost to probably 9psi and new head lights! thats it for now.

Abuimad
03-03-2006, 11:54 PM
now that sounds good....

Ashkan's C280
03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
can't wait for pics.... when will this be done by?

jstrat85
03-04-2006, 08:06 PM
IM trying by this week to finish everything because Sunday i have a photoshoot!;) :D

Ashkan's C280
03-04-2006, 09:24 PM
all thebest with the shoot, and congrats again on adamn nice car....