PDA

View Full Version : question

CMSw202
09-18-2005, 10:02 PM
what would be the main causes of power loss?

my 202 just doesn't have the same kick it did a week ago

is there anything I should have checked?

it's a 94, i just bought it 3-4 months ago, i added a CAI, i just changed from castrol high mileage 10w40 to mobil 1 0w 40, it has about 186k on it now, i drive a lot i've done about 6k miles in those 3 months

alphanumeric
09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
sparkplugs.. wires.. MAF...

any check engine lights on?

jnolte
09-19-2005, 12:36 AM
perhaps thats CAI is not so Cold air as you think...

it may be suckin in hot air, check that too

Abuimad
09-19-2005, 01:33 AM
well the most obvious would be the spark plugs, the MAF may need to be checked, check the cars electrocity cause i once lost all power in my car and apparently it was the car electric dyno, and i was thinking of adding a CAI untill some ppl told me that CAI may have a reverse effect if it malfunctions..so check that too

c55m8o
09-19-2005, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by CMSw202
what would be the main causes of power loss?
my 202 just doesn't have the same kick it did a week ago
is there anything I should have checked?
it's a 94, i just bought it 3-4 months ago, i added a CAI, ... was that CAI an oiled filter? If so, might be what happened to me over the last couple of months. When I swapped my motor, I cleaned the K&N filter & re-oiled; I put too much oil on it. Against Carl's strong objections I went ahead and re-installed it. Sure enough the oil from the filter built up on the MAF and was the reason behind slugishness, stalling, bucking, even rough tranni shifing and the tranni being stuck in a gear w/o upshifing once for 1/2 a minute.

CMSw202
09-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by c55m8o
was that CAI an oiled filter? If so, might be what happened to me over the last couple of months. When I swapped my motor, I cleaned the K&N filter & re-oiled; I put too much oil on it. Against Carl's strong objections I went ahead and re-installed it. Sure enough the oil from the filter built up on the MAF and was the reason behind slugishness, stalling, bucking, even rough tranni shifing and the tranni being stuck in a gear w/o upshifing once for 1/2 a minute.

I'm not sure whether this applies to my particular problem but I'm a little worried that this might be the cause. What did you wind up doing to fix your problem?

c55m8o
09-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by CMSw202
I'm not sure whether this applies to my particular problem but I'm a little worried that this might be the cause. What did you wind up doing to fix your problem? I changed the MAS (or is it MAF ... I always forget). There's a recent thread from me on it.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7908