PDA

View Full Version : trailer hitch

marsbike
09-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Alright...so, I've searched the forum, and found a few mentions of trailer hitches for the 202, but, nothing more than that. I'm a biker who likes to get muddy, but, also likes to keep a clean car, if you catch my drift...Anyways, I was wondering which places sell hitches, or square mounts for our cars. I've looked on the draw-tite website, as well as the hide-a-hitch site. I'm not looking to tow a trailer, just to haul 4 bikes or so.

c280nz
09-26-2005, 11:37 PM
i saw one for sale here in nz on trademe a while ago, and it was what you described, but it required some custom fitting, you may be able to find a enginering shop to custom fit one for you for a reasonable price, and then get a trailer wiring plug off mercedes id guess.
good luck

jnolte
09-27-2005, 02:20 AM
LMFAO

I can see it now CL65 with trailer hitches, more torque than a F350 hahahhaahaha

YYZ
09-28-2005, 02:54 AM
There is a company called Da'lan that makes hitches for the 202

I think that their US office is located in Mass (if memory serves me correctly)

Should be about $250-300 for the class II hitch from them - I am going the same route on my car for almost the same reason - take my streetbike to the track...

marsbike
09-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by YYZ
There is a company called Da'lan that makes hitches for the 202

I think that their US office is located in Mass (if memory serves me correctly)

Should be about $250-300 for the class II hitch from them - I am going the same route on my car for almost the same reason - take my streetbike to the track...

Excelent. Thanks for the help. I really don't need to tow stuff, just want to keep my DH, DS, and trials bikes out of my trunk.

Abuimad
09-28-2005, 07:56 AM
dont hitches look really bad on cars....i mean...i would rather carry the bike with one hand out the window than put a hitch on

marsbike
09-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Yeah, they do look bad, but, I'm not gonna have a ginormous silver ball off the back, just a flat black square, with a rubber cover. It won't look too bad, and really, I'd rather be able to carry my bikes outside, rather than inside.

c280nz
09-28-2005, 09:56 PM
yea dirty bikes and inside dont go well together!
whats a dh and ds?
and what type of trial bikes you got? i love riding mx bikes!!!

marsbike
09-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by c280nz
yea dirty bikes and inside dont go well together!
whats a dh and ds?
and what type of trial bikes you got? i love riding mx bikes!!!

Downhill and Dual Slalom. Right now, I'm riding on a stock class Brisa B26 with magura HS33 brakes and the usual trials compliments...

I don't do a lot of MX, but, I have been known to steal my friends bikes for that;)