PDA

View Full Version : Orage light

kjf1234
09-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey People, I have a 2000 c230 Komp. i just started getting this orage light come on . its on the right side amd it looks like a light bulb with a "!" in the center any ideas on what that is and how to get rid of it. Bugs the hell out of me. so far it comes on for about approx 10 mins and then goes off but it come on whe nthe car is started.

Thanks for you Help

Denlasoul
09-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Sounds like one of your bulbs is out. I'd start checking those.

kjf1234
09-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Theres a sensor / indicator for light bulbs ? sorry just bought the car didnt get a manual

Denlasoul
09-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by kjf1234
Theres a sensor / indicator for light bulbs ? sorry just bought the car didnt get a manual
Yes sir.

If it is on without your lights on, then I am guessing it may be one of your brakelights. I would also suggest picking up a manual (on ebay or something like that). It has some useful information and specifications that may answer some of your general questions.

kjf1234
09-27-2005, 10:18 AM
could it be the turn signals . i checked the brake lights earlier .

Abuimad
09-27-2005, 02:15 PM
i had the same problem, i had that light come on, i did a check on all lights and they were perfect....apparently it was a loose connection on the front fog lights,

09-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
i had the same problem, i had that light come on, i did a check on all lights and they were perfect....apparently it was a loose connection on the front fog lights,

if it's relevant to the fog lights the "orange warning light" should come on only with the fog on

is it the case?:)

Abuimad
09-28-2005, 03:30 AM
no not necesarly, it comes on as soon as you open the lights, fog or no fog

09-28-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
no not necesarly, it comes on as soon as you open the lights, fog or no fog

as per my experience that warning light come on only when the relevant lamp bulb is used. i.e: so breaking if breaking bulb is out, or when I fire the parking light if one of the parking light bulb is out, etc etc...obviously when it come on it stay on till I turn off the car

It's quite strange to me that fog light defictive work differently, but, of course, I 100% belive you

kjf1234
09-28-2005, 06:29 AM
now i always put the parking brake on when i turn the car on the head light dont turn on until the parking brake is released and the car is put into drive however the orage light does come on when i start it up. The odd thing is that sometimes while driving it will go off and stay off. so its very intermitent

Abuimad
09-28-2005, 07:52 AM
yeah if it was a burnt bulb it would stay on, however a loose connection would mean that the light would go on and of, so i would say its a loose connection so check your connections, i mean my connection is still loose and i havent seen it come on for ages and today while i was parking i had my lights on and i see the orange light ur reffering to

kjf1234
10-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Its on all the time now even when the paking brake is on and the headlights are all off . Where shoud i check first ? the rears ahead lights corners etc. As far as loose connections what should i be looking for .

Thanks for all the help you guys are great

Superpnoy
12-19-2005, 05:21 PM
my light indicator turned on and i figured out it was my right parking lights...my front turn signal wont turn on but it flashes when i signal and my rear parking lights wont work...any ideas? i switched the fuse for it already and it worked but after 4 mins it went out again...im gonna see whats up with it again tommorow...HELP anyone?

rollinrealbig
12-19-2005, 06:19 PM
so the front turn signal works fine, just the parking like doesnt go on ?

check the bulbs, actually "look" inside of them to see any broken strings or whatever you call those.

Superpnoy
12-19-2005, 08:04 PM
acctually all the bulbs are working...its really wierd...i think its just the fuses

c280nz
12-19-2005, 08:49 PM
i think sometimes it can be tripped when the incorrect wattage bulb is used. i think that was the case in my car co it would only come on at certain times and not others :confused:
all my bulbs were working so i just did a sneeky and poped the dash out and removed my defective warning bulb 'bulb :D
my personal rant ^

rollinrealbig
12-19-2005, 09:56 PM
... " so i just did a sneeky and poped the dash out and removed my defective warning bulb 'bulb :D
my personal rant ^ [/B][/QUOTE]

LoL what a good idea!

... wonder if it will work on the "Low on Gas" bulb ? ? ? LoL:D Jk

Superpnoy
12-20-2005, 06:12 AM
lmao hahah i wouldnt want to do that...i mean my lights are not working...hahah but they have been working for awhile atleast almost a year and than this happens yesterday...ill have to take a look later

Superpnoy
12-20-2005, 10:06 AM
figured it out...thanks to jstrat85...oem fuses were no longer good