PDA

View Full Version : Urgent, What grade bolt

Dr.Drew
09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
i was installing my new speedybnz camber kit and i sheard a bolt off getting it out now the dealer is closed and i have meeting I need to be at early tommorow

what grade is the bolts on the suspsension mainly the camber arm

Denlasoul
09-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Is it stamped on the head of the bolt? If they are, I can get you that info later tonight.

Dr.Drew
09-27-2005, 02:43 PM
its has two 8 side by side so i assume its an 8.

do you know the torque specs

also speedybnz suggest using three washers if i just get a shorter bolt because mine is snapped will that work or is there some kind of engineering behind the 3 washers ?

are the bolts special being that there is no locker or lockwasher on the nut ? maybe there only ment to be used once

tpliquid
09-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Drew
its has two 8 side by side so i assume its an 8.

do you know the torque specs

also speedybnz suggest using three washers if i just get a shorter bolt because mine is snapped will that work or is there some kind of engineering behind the 3 washers ?

are the bolts special being that there is no locker or lockwasher on the nut ? maybe there only ment to be used once

use locktite then, most bolts are meant to be used once. if u take it off, it needs to be replaced with new ones. but i never do it. car still running fine.

Dr.Drew
09-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I already found all the answers except torque values

the bolts are grade 8 with locking nuts they are only suposed to be used once but if you replace the nut each time the bolt will be fine

the bolt can not be found at any place other then the dealer and the dealer has discontinued the bolt i have to wait two weeks to get one from germany assuming they have any left.

tpliquid
09-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Drew
I already found all the answers except torque values

the bolts are grade 8 with locking nuts they are only suposed to be used once but if you replace the nut each time the bolt will be fine

the bolt can not be found at any place other then the dealer and the dealer has discontinued the bolt i have to wait two weeks to get one from germany assuming they have any left.

i torque it till i cant torque it anymore

Sulaco
09-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by tpliquid
i torque it till i cant torque it anymore

lol

That's how I torque all bolts.

Dr.Drew
10-01-2005, 03:34 AM
well then, in some cases you have over torqued bolts and others not enough you should really invest in at torque wrench if you like to do your own work, this is probally why the bolt snapped off because the previous tech that worked on it over tightened it