PDA

View Full Version : NEED HOW TO: Install cd changer in 99c230K

benzonline
09-29-2005, 06:14 AM
My cd changer original new MB unit will be arriving next week. Just wanted to post in advance, if anyone has a "HOW-TO" or a site/thread they can refer me to. Best would be if it had pics.

Aswell I read the dealer has to program the radio once the changer is installed for it to recognize/work with the radio.

thanks so much.

Dr.Drew
09-29-2005, 07:50 AM
did you get the mounting kit ?

is it the in glove box on or the trunk mounted one ?

Uncle Jase
09-29-2005, 08:05 AM
well if you have a bracket all you have to do is pull away the carpeted cover on the right hand side inside the trunk, reach in and find a orange and black fiber optic cable pull the wire to the length you need plug into CD changer and your done, some people have mentioned having the dealer program the radio but I never had to do any of that, once I plugged mine in it worked

and the fiber optic cable applies to only model years 99 and up
models older than that use a regular cd changer and cable but the car should already be pre-wired.

hope that helps.

benzonline
09-29-2005, 09:37 AM
The changer will be arriving next week. For the brackets...does it require drilling?

benzonline
10-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Ok got the changer today UPS. Opened up the trunk panel and found one wire which was skinny and plus into the small port of the changer

There are 2 ports...the bigger one I assume is for the fiber optic and that one I cannot find. I was told it doesnt come with it and needs to be purchased then wired all in then programmed.

Whats all this "plug n play"????:bored:

pnsji
10-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Yes it should be plug and play.
the orange wires is the fibre optic.
the other one has a black plug in the end is power. You need to find it behind the carpet.