PDA

View Full Version : factory refurbished HU's

willpower
07-10-2003, 02:27 AM
Anyone have experience with these special "deals"? People are always saying that if it's been broken once, it'll always be broken. I figure that if it's been sent back to the factory, then it would've had the opportunity for another quality control check. What do you guys think?

btw, the HU in question is an Alpine DVD w/ 6.5" motorized screen.. probably last year's model, going for about $900CDN...an amazing deal.

nokia8860
07-10-2003, 06:07 AM
I have no problems buying refurbs. What model alpine are you looking at though?

Cuz crutchfield is selling the 1003 for 600 bucks right now brand new.

Brabus
07-10-2003, 07:16 AM
refurb is alright... what kind of warranty does it have?

kameraguy
07-10-2003, 09:11 AM
Refurbished, B-Stock, Demo, it's all good as long as they have the same manufacturer's warranty and have a significant discount!

I bought two b-stock Sony laptops for like 45% off and they have never failed.

For electronics, I can't imagine how anyone can predict when they will "fail". I don't buy into "once broken always broken" unless the unit never was fixed to begin with.

If it is fixed to 100%, It should be fine. Of course the other caveat to electronics is they can fail at anytime :( But this would hold true with even factory new versions.

So yes, check on that warranty!

pnsji
07-10-2003, 11:10 AM
are you buying from the store?
make sure it has extended warranty.

willpower
07-10-2003, 01:11 PM
the warranty is 1 year manufacturer's, and I think an extended warranty from the dealer is available for up to 3 years