PDA

View Full Version : chrome trunk

Abuimad
10-01-2005, 09:03 PM
well, i saw a couple of w210 and a couple of european w202 have chrome on there trunks...over the licence plate, and i bought one but it didnt work cause american trunks are different, so i was wondering is there a chrome "thingy" for the american w202's or no

MYMBZZL
10-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Thats so funny cause I was try'n tah buy one of those today too. I found out that there is none unless u know someon that does it. The only way to get it is to get a croming kit or go and have it done at a metal shop like those places that bronze baby bootsies!

Abuimad
10-02-2005, 05:44 AM
damn...im actualy thinking of changing the whole trunk for this

alboogiee
10-02-2005, 10:08 AM
talk to ashcan, i think he has been looking for one for awhile, i also think he started a thread on this back earlier this year...

Ashkan's C280
10-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Well I guess I should say my little bit on this topic, as it has been covered before I never really said what my conclusion was, well first there is nothing made for the American Style trunk, only the euro models have them, I personally would not change to the euro, I don't dig the euro plate behind the American one, and I don't even know where I would get a euro plate so it would look even more stupid on my car, secondly, anybody shop, my fav being TWS (even though those guys charge a lot of installs, they will do it for you), and that is the only option, I have yet to do this because I want to change to the update style trunk lid so it would be pointless for me to do it now.... Thus, if its me I'd get a newer style trunk lid and have that part chromed by a shop, just call around, its not going to be more than 60-80 bucks, but more around 60, and I think that looks very nice, all S class merecedes have them, and I think its a nice chrome add-on for our cars... but hey, thats just me, I could be wrong....

~ Ashkan (updating the benz one mod at a time....)

Abuimad
10-02-2005, 10:37 AM
well im thinking of taking a molding on the trunk lid, and then chroming it and adding it to my car...seems like the best thing to do, however it would cost me more than normal because i will b creating a mold just for this (well not me the body shop that works on my car), but its a price to pay for having an american spec's car :D
ps: so there is no way in hell i can jsut buy this and save a lot of trouble ??

Ashkan's C280
10-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Listen if you have the chrome that part directly it will save you some time and look a lot better than adding a part, and its much cheaper as well, trust me on that one, have that chrome the actually trunk lid and it will turn out ncier than having a part added to it.

Abuimad
10-02-2005, 10:46 AM
is it hard to dismantle ?

Ashkan's C280
10-02-2005, 10:48 AM
I can't give you a soild answer on that, however I can tell you if you took it to a shop, it would cost around 60 bucks and in an hour or so you would have your perfectly chromed trunk lid, directly so it doesn't look like you added a stupid chrome part, much more oem, and I like that, for what its worth, I suggest doing that, its what I am going to do

Abuimad
10-02-2005, 10:52 AM
well i will stop by the shop tomorow b4 uni and c what im gonna do, but this does sound much more reasonable.