PDA

View Full Version : ABS light

aquanote
10-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Guys,

Please help me out here, i just recently change my car battery. After installing the new battery, the ABS light on my dash is lit up. Is this problem appear because of the battery or its the fuse that burn up. PLease help me thanks

jnenad16
10-02-2005, 09:14 PM
the only time the abs light will come on, considering the ABS system is functional, is when the voltage drops below10.5V at the battery. also a defective OPV relay could trigger the ABS lamp.
however, I would highly recommend checking the ABS relay located at the top of the ABS pump below the black cover. its the silver one.

nenad

aquanote
10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
the only time the abs light will come on, considering the ABS system is functional, is when the voltage drops below10.5V at the battery. also a defective OPV relay could trigger the ABS lamp.
however, I would highly recommend checking the ABS relay located at the top of the ABS pump below the black cover. its the silver one.

nenad

I already change with the new battery does that count also as the ABS isn't function at all? Anyway, i will check the relay and tell you the news. Its never been on before just as i change the battery it goes on. Thank's

Sulaco
10-02-2005, 10:51 PM
The only real way to know whether or not the ABS is working is to get yourself on an empty, flat, straight piece of road at about 40mph and STOMP on the brakes. If they lock up and skid--you're ABS isn't working. If they never slide or make a sound, your ABS works.

aquanote
10-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Sulaco
The only real way to know whether or not the ABS is working is to get yourself on an empty, flat, straight piece of road at about 40mph and STOMP on the brakes. If they lock up and skid--you're ABS isn't working. If they never slide or make a sound, your ABS works.

All right man, i will try it tonight...thank's for the help

benzaddict
10-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by aquanote
Guys,

Please help me out here, i just recently change my car battery. After installing the new battery, the ABS light on my dash is lit up. Is this problem appear because of the battery or its the fuse that burn up. PLease help me thanks

You need to turn your steering wheel lock-to-lock a few times to re-initialize the steering angle sensor. This needs to happen any time there is a loss of battery voltage in cars with ESP.

Sulaco
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by aquanote
All right man, i will try it tonight...thank's for the help

Don't forget. You have to stomp the pedal all the way as hard as you can and hold it on the floor. If it doesn't push back and the tires lock up and skid--ABS dead. If it pushes back and the car never skids: working.

Sulaco
10-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Hmm. Quite a while since your reply.

Did you try my experiment and die in a crash?

renerodz
10-03-2005, 04:03 PM
If it happend just afetr you changed your battery just do what "benzaddict" is saying.

Rene

aquanote
10-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Sulaco
Hmm. Quite a while since your reply.

Did you try my experiment and die in a crash?
I haven't tried it yet, damn its traffic jam last night

audiophile
11-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16

nenad
how would one check the realy to see if it works properly?:confused: