PDA

View Full Version : Stock Wheels

renerodz
10-04-2005, 10:29 AM
There are some nasty scratches on 2 of my wheels. Is there a DIY way to fix this or I have to take'm to one of this places where they re-finish wheels?

Also, I broke the engine plastic cover. It sits OK but looks really bad. Is there another place other than the dealer where I can get it? I tried fastlane, benzbin, etc.. with no luck.

Thanks,

Rene

MYMBZZL
10-04-2005, 10:37 AM
You'd have to get the rims refinished at a detail place and the engine cover whould need to be replaced at the stealership or you could try to find one on ebay or some mercedes scrap yard!

renerodz
10-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks,

Do you know how they refinish the wheels? Do I have to use some temporary wheels for a few days while they do this?

Thanks in advance.

Rene

MYMBZZL
10-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Im not really sure. When I went they just told me that they could remove the scratches even the deep ass ones and that it would take about a day and that I could come back the next day. The guy didn't really tell me how they do it but its really quite amazing seeing the results after cause its like nothing was wrong.

Abuimad
10-04-2005, 03:59 PM
i had deep scrathes on the right drivers wheel....i took it to a shop and he ended up repainting it, it looks perfect and just like the other 3

renerodz
10-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks a lot.

I will find one of these places around and take it in. How much should I expect to pay?

Rene

Abuimad
10-04-2005, 04:49 PM
well i cant tell u for sure, cause when he resprayed my wheel i had him spray my trunk lip and polish the car....but i say it would cost you about....50-70 dollars i think i dont know the going rate in the US