PDA

View Full Version : sactown body shop to roll fender

alboogiee
10-08-2005, 10:15 AM
alright... i just fitted my 225/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear, car lowered on eibach pro kit and #1 pad front #2 rear.

front wheels rub really bad and after 20 miles or so the right tire is already starting to get chewed up... i need to roll my front fenders baaad!!!

i was trying to figure out how to do it with a bat but i am clueless if someone could help out with a brief how to on that or refer me to a sac town body shop that will do a good job for reasonable price, i've seen posts that in socal that most places charge about $20/30 a fender

thanks!

Under Pressure
10-08-2005, 11:18 AM
don't use a bat

jstrat85
10-08-2005, 01:55 PM
join the club i have the same problem!:(

alboogiee
10-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jstrat85

i saw ur post and i remember talking to kenzbenz about this at the last sac meet...

i havent used a bat yet... but i have pulled it very little with a hammer LOL! no damage i just want to be able to drive the damn thing!

the tire is getting chewed on the outside shoulder right on the top by the tread... i cant seem to figure what exactly is doing it...

i have already replaced the front right #1 pad to #3, still no luck, i am currently putting i think it is either #4 or 5, and if that dont work imma double stack #3's...

have you guys figured out what it rubs against??Ken?? any luck i saw that you had ur right front tire on!!

here's a pix of the damage, i already rotated the front tires so both look equaly bad... man these are some expensive azz Pzeros too! you can see that the tire is getting literaly shredded...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/alboogiee/IMG_1137.jpg

Under Pressure
10-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by jstrat85

Your problem is only temporary in nature, jstrat. After you install you fender flares, as long as you do it right, you should be able to run very wide wheels in front and back. Heck, thats what flares are for ;)

KenzBenz
10-08-2005, 11:43 PM
man that looks kinda bad, mine werent getting chewed that bad but um i havent figured it out yet...i still have that 1 black mono on. Is it just hitting your fender and nothing else? Because if its your bumper you could do some shaving. My right side use to be pretty bad too but after shaving its 99% fixed so you should check other areas.

alboogiee
10-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by KenzBenz
man that looks kinda bad, mine werent getting chewed that bad but um i havent figured it out yet...i still have that 1 black mono on. Is it just hitting your fender and nothing else? Because if its your bumper you could do some shaving. My right side use to be pretty bad too but after shaving its 99% fixed so you should check other areas.

thanks man!

wheel is coming off for the 5th time in 2 days tomorrow...

i am going to double stack #3 pads, test drive it, i dont have much confidence in it though... also car appearance is going to suffer as already with the one differnt spring pad the cars front right side is notiably higher then the rest of the car

i am also going to shave most of the exposed bumper and if no rub with double pads put #1 back on and test... hopefully that will work!

i am just so distraught that such a simple mod of rims is bringing so much extra havok!

i have been marking the bumper and inner fender and documenting before and after and cannot determine what exactly the tire is rubbing against because it is not damaging whatever surface it is hitting...

i to am contimplating running the stock rim, only downfal for me is that my stock rim is a 15incher... i am not fortunate enought to have the stock 17 in monos!!

KenzBenz
10-09-2005, 12:50 AM
good luck and try to get your fenders rolled too...not sure where in the sac area though. Hey the black rim looks cool, lets see some full pics. Do you only have 2 18's or do you have a set yet?

alboogiee
10-09-2005, 07:05 PM
alright got everything sorted out...

i kept the pro kit on, stock shocks, #2 pads in rear, #1 pad front left, #3pad front right

i hand rolled the front right, with the help of a hammer and broom stick, ghetto i know, but even and did the job, also where the bumper and side panel meet i took off about a quarter of an inch of metal, sanded it and i am going to paint it tomorrow, i will put some pix too, but really looks ghetto right now because bumper extends further then fender.

Do you only have 2 18's or do you have a set yet?

i got a set of 4 staggered monos, 18x9 rear w/ 265/35 pirreli pzero rubber and 18x8 225/40 pirreli pzero rubber front

back no rub what so ever and it is really funny too because the tires tuck into the fender and with 265 tire i was almost for sure there would be rub, i had 10mm spacers ready and everything... i think i am giong to add the spacers to rear and roll fenders when i find a good body shop, i will get some pix up tomrrow when i wash the car, rims look awesome with the black on black...i also painted the grey side trim so all there is is taht strip of chrome down the side, also i painted my whole grill black so the car is really black...

NO RUB WHOOOHOOO!!!

jnolte
10-09-2005, 08:33 PM
I dont under stand why the AMG monoblock will rub..

Is it offset Et31mm?

when running a 225/40/18 it should not rub at all...

maybe its not authentic AMG wheel?

alboogiee
10-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
I dont under stand why the AMG monoblock will rub..

Is it offset Et31mm?

when running a 225/40/18 it should not rub at all...

maybe its not authentic AMG wheel?

yes is 31ET, no it is real AMG...

my reasoning is b/c the car is too low, like i said i changed to #3 pad and removed some fender...

when it was rubbing it only did so on bumps which is why the tire was so badly damge, normal driving and turning was fine, just when i hit bumps or dips when the car would drop back down it would drop too much and scraaapppp, there goes a few flakes of tire...

jnolte
10-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Ic IC

You upgrade your shocks to koni or bilstein?

or stock shocks?

alboogiee
10-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Ic IC

You upgrade your shocks to koni or bilstein?

or stock shocks?

eventualy...i just have no $ or time to put into car, i was lucky enough this weekend to work the fender issue...

i just moved into a new (more expensive) house and right now my car should be the least of my worries :ermm:

jnolte
10-10-2005, 11:03 AM
yeah i feel it

it could be why it rubs on the dips, shock is not stiff enough

alboogiee
10-10-2005, 11:09 AM
yeah i feel it

it could be why it rubs on the dips, shock is not stiff enough

that thuoght crossed my mind too, along with people complaining about how the pro kit or eibachs in generaly are like gliding through air when you take a bump and then when you come down, you come down hard... shocks are definatly on my to buy list, just toward the bottom...

alboogiee
10-10-2005, 05:30 PM
here are some pictures... i havent had time to wash the car, but here is what i got so far... those are not dings/sratches either, the car is very dusty, i've been moving and have neglected my second child :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/alboogiee/IMG_1133.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/alboogiee/IMG_1131.jpg

KenzBenz
10-10-2005, 06:36 PM
looks good man. the chrome lip definitely adds to it. =) By the way where did you go to get them painted or powdercoated because I want to get mine repainted.

alboogiee
10-10-2005, 07:06 PM
looks good man. the chrome lip definitely adds to it. =) By the way where did you go to get them painted or powdercoated because I want to get mine repainted.

thanks man! the pix are really bad, the rims shine reel good!

the guy i bought them from had them in his basement which flooded and tere was bad water damage/corresion on the, they were originaly chrome too.

the shop striped the chrome and tried to powder coat them but because of the corosion and 4 powder coatings later the powder did not hold, so the guy hand taped and wet painted them, excelent job considering when i brought them in he didnt think he could do anything to them but strip them.

Precision Wheel Works
2552 Albatross Way
916-641-7454

owner is BJ, really nice guy reasonable prices too, he charged $200 per rim for powder coating and polished lip, they dont have a web site so sorry cant see any of their work... at the shop tho they have a pix of a sic S class 744 powder coated rims to match

they are past arden fair mall, you get off at el camino exit, take right off exit and immediate left on Albatross they are on the right side of the street and are all the way in the back of a lot, kind of a run down area but ehh good work.

KenzBenz
10-10-2005, 07:18 PM
cool, thanks for the info