PDA

View Full Version : C36 quad exhaust?

SoCalAMG
10-09-2005, 10:39 AM
This may be a dumb question, but is it possible to put quad exhaust on a '96 C36? It doesn't look like there is any space left in the undercarriage, but maybe there is somthing I'm not thinking of.

Let me know if this has ever been done!

-Thanks

KenzBenz
10-09-2005, 10:52 AM
its been done. There isn't enough room but if you cut it, theres enough =)

jnolte
10-09-2005, 11:15 AM
plasma cutter and taking out the spare tire drum..

Dr.Drew
10-09-2005, 11:16 AM
I know how it can be done with out cutting anything ;)

i am going to start to make them, just trying to find 4 square amg tips off old c36 muffler

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/AndrewC280/ex.jpg

the picture is just a reference this one is for a W203 but a W202 looks similar only part is different is the cross pipe

Abuimad
10-09-2005, 02:04 PM
i saw a lot of quad exausted w202's here its pretty simple to do, and it does look very nice

Dr.Drew
10-09-2005, 02:19 PM
its not very simple at all lol who are you trying to kid ?

Under Pressure
10-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
i saw a lot of quad exausted w202's here its pretty simple to do, and it does look very nice

No offense Abu but how do you figure it is simple to do? From experience? Its best to only state things you know for sure to be true - preferably from experience - that way people will trust your advice and so you do not misguide people. As this site grows, more people will join and its important to maintain the dignity of the site by only giving good advice ;)

Abuimad
10-09-2005, 02:38 PM
i know its simple to do because i have a 05 civic and i have quad exhausts on it, so yes it is from personal experience, more still i am thinking of getting a quad exhaust, and i asked about it, and all the people i asked told me the same thing, very simple to do, you have to cut of some of the rear bumper and ur set to go

Dr.Drew
10-09-2005, 03:18 PM
I suggest you look under your w202 befor you continue posting nonsence, there are 3 things in the way, one the spare tire well, two the cd changer well and three the tow hook, once you have taken care of these you can run two mufflers or you can use my advice and when i build the one for the w202 all you will have to do is possibly remove the tow hook, you might not even have to move that.

Abuimad
10-09-2005, 04:47 PM
most my knowledge comes from my mechanics and my body shop workers, i pay them a loot of money and i respect there opinions, problem is they dont tell me what they do they just do it....this is the reason i joined this website...to be enlightened and to stop being soo damn helpless, in my civic it was an easy job, but i guess its a lot of difference here iwth the w202, still im getting it done hopefully next week and the man said its a 2 hours job..so...ill just have to wait and c

c280nz
10-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Dr. Drew those exhausts look very nice, and i can imagine the 202 will be simialar, good job.
This has got me thinking hmm quad exhausts may be get added to the to-do list < damn this thing never ends :D

And abuimad stop refering to things in comparison to other cars.
if we all started to do that id be saying stuff like
" yea you can put 25" tires on a w202 cos i saw it done on a h2 so in theory it should work"
:rolleyes:
but do post up a pic when you finish, Both of you

Dr.Drew
10-09-2005, 05:35 PM
would there be enough interest to do a group buy for these dual exhaust, i am thinking of getting my own bending machine

Abuimad
10-09-2005, 06:14 PM
dr drew so ur gonna tell us ur secret on how u can install them without taking nething out, or cutting the rear bumper or no ????? :D
and c280nz i compare my 202 with cars that i have and i wont b getting a hummer netime soon so dont worry
btw how much of a problem would it b to take out the spare tire well, the cd changer well and the tow hook ??

97C28O
10-09-2005, 06:28 PM

btw how much of a problem would it b to take out the spare tire well, the cd changer well and the tow hook ??

I thought it was easy? like you said.

jstrat85
10-09-2005, 06:48 PM
that shit will look so sweet!!!

Dr.Drew
10-09-2005, 06:49 PM
well did you look at my picture ?

it will take several hours to plasma cut and build new floors for the trunk, then you can start the actual exhaust job. my best guess is 10 to 15 hour job.

in my picture the muffler goes in the stock spot on the car and a tube is carefully bent to fit between the bumper and the rear subframe of the car, its hard to explain but i can visualize it in my head the w202 muffer will be simmlar to the one in the picture above, but when it gets to the passanger side it will take a sharp 90 degree bend down and then 90 bend out then the tips will be added i had a picture of one that was done but i cant find it

my c280 rear bumper is allready notched on the drive side you will need to make an identical notch on the passanger side but you will not need to to cut your floor or remove your cd well with my idea
tow hook maybe in the way depending on what size tips and shape you use

Ashkan's C280
10-09-2005, 06:57 PM
how much would all of that cost? If it is not too bad I would think about having race cats straight pipe and quad exhaust put in

Dr.Drew
10-09-2005, 07:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/AndrewC280/ex.jpg

Well for me to make something like this I think it may cost you about 500 USD, and if you wanted a pipe to take it from the cats to the muffer with no resonator probally about 150,USD

then you would have to install it , but there would be no plasma cuting or modifying the floors in the trunk

I am going to make a prototype for my car. hopefully you all dont steel my brillant idea now.

Cklasse could probally hook you up with some hi flow magnaflow cats

Ashkan's C280
10-09-2005, 07:07 PM
cklass does not work for buds anymore so no way to contact him, my concern is setting off o2's and which cats and muffs to use

jnolte
10-09-2005, 08:14 PM

HAHAHAA

You dont know what you are talking about, shutup

for a true dual exhuast setup it will cost alot of money and time. Its a total custom job, not "easy"

Dr drews idea is a good one, but might look weird from the back of the car.

KenzBenz
10-09-2005, 08:20 PM
it'll be easy if you got lots and lots of money and pay someone else to scratch their heads and figure it out, that'll be easy for you.

jnenad16
10-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
cklass does not work for buds anymore so no way to contact him, my concern is setting off o2's and which cats and muffs to use
oh shit, thats why I cant reach him. I've been waiting for the magnecors since april. anyone has his other email?

nenad

aruba
10-09-2005, 09:00 PM
i did my exuast just like dr. drew but instead of using 4 tips i use only 2 .the only thing i had to cut was the tow hook it took about 1 hour and a half to dohttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/803000-803999/803030_7.jpghere is a more resent pic its a bit blurry but you get the idea of how they lookhttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/803000-803999/803030_15.jpg

Ashkan's C280
10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
would you have mroe performance by having two muffs? and which muffs to go with, thiniking stricktly performance, the sound.... if one of you experts could chime in it would be a big help, which cats are also best... would 200 cell race cats set off o2s?

c280nz
10-10-2005, 12:12 AM
YOur tips stick out a bit to far IMO and should be hidden under the car a bit more or maby notched into rear bumper,
But hey who am i too talk youve done them i havent!
well done none the less

Abuimad
10-10-2005, 02:48 AM
stopped bye body shop today and told him to explain to me how he is gonna do it, and i think he has a similar plan like u dr.drew, but he was talking all visual so i kinda got lost, however he did say it is a 2 hour job....cause he has done it many times b4, one thing is scaring me is the cutting of the rear bumper so that they sit in and dont stick out....should i go ahead or no ?

knvs
10-10-2005, 06:33 AM
quad exhaust looks like ass. IMO our cars are not wide enough to pull it off. I mean evein the new C55s look funny to me with the quad exhausts. If anything, I'd go with a brabus exhaust setup. I think the angled tips are so sexy.:)

Abuimad
10-10-2005, 06:48 AM
how does that setup look....? and do we need to cut our bumpers for it ?

knvs
10-10-2005, 07:07 AM
its a dual tip exhaust that is angled off to the side. unfortunately they don't make them anymore so it'll have to be a custom exhaust that looks like it

http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/fe/0d/a9_1_b.JPG

Dr.Drew
10-10-2005, 07:12 AM
if the job is done right all these cars have a setup like the one i described

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/AndrewC280/mufflers.jpg

97C28O
10-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Looks pretty good. The E Class with quad looks ugly, looks like it sticks out. My opinion.

THE BLACKED OUT SL LOOKS SICK WITH IT!

SoCalAMG
10-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Dr Drew- I like the exhuast system you mocked up, and I think w/ new tips, something like it would look great on a C36. I think that the W202's are wide enough to pull off the quad exhuast, and all those cars you pictured look so much meaner w/ them on.

Is there any significant performance upgrade with quad exhaust add on, or is it purly cosmetic?

Dr.Drew
10-10-2005, 11:28 AM
no performance unless you remove the resonator upgrade that pipe and put in high flow cats esentaill its the same type of exahust thats on the car now it just has the long pipe to make it a funcional dual setup

Ashkan's C280
10-10-2005, 11:38 AM
what type of high flow/ race cats should we use? and what type of muff I know a lot of people like mag flow, but which ones? the Universal or what, can someone post part numbers or which ones we can use? should we do x pipe h pipe?

coolin
10-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Don't you guys mean dual exhaust? Quad exhaust, to me, means four mufflers, not four tips.

VIP_MBZ
11-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by coolin
Don't you guys mean dual exhaust? Quad exhaust, to me, means four mufflers, not four tips.

You may be technically correct, but I don't think anyone in this thread had any trouble understanding.

-Ray