PDA

View Full Version : P0141

renerodz
10-10-2005, 03:58 PM
By searching I found that everybody says this is "right rear after cat", does this mean passenger side after cat?

I have CEL P0141, and P0161 pending again. I erased the codes about 15K miles ago, now I have the same codes again. I am checking these with my cheapo scanner.

I like to replace the correct O2S, but the fact that the other rear shows pending means that that one is going too?

I think it is strange that both rear O2s would ga almost at the same time. Should I go to real tech to check this out with a real computer?

Any help will be appreciated.

Rene

jnolte
10-10-2005, 04:52 PM
i dont know much about the c280..

But on my 4.3 liter i have 4 cats. 2 pre, 2 after

only time the CEL goes on for cats is if its for the pre cats.

The after cats have no o2 sensors or anything attached to them, they cant set of CEL. Thats why my after cats dont exist anymore ;)

manny
10-13-2005, 12:24 PM
My sources tell me PO141 & PO161 are the sensor heating elements.
You may want to check ( or have it done ), the circuit (s) supplying the heaters in the sensors.
;)

renerodz
10-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Manny,

I found that there is a relay for the rear o2s heating elements. Looks like the heating element is an internal part of the sensor. I will check the wiring and also I think my truck has the same system. I may be able to switch relays.

Also I read that some 202's have a rust problem by the box where the this relay is.

I will check all of this during the weekend and post.

Rene