PDA

View Full Version : dealership warning in Baltimore area

Ethan
10-10-2005, 07:47 PM
if you live in the baltimore area and are thinking about using a MB dealership in Owings Mills, post a reply if you want my warning.

r0csfinest
10-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Whats wrong with them?

Ethan
10-10-2005, 11:05 PM
The following is a message I posted at a W203 2001 - 2006 C-class forum.
I write this because, sure I am p-offed, but from other customers of R&H I have talked to they refer to R&H service as THE WORST.

R&H Motorcars in Baltimore Maryland.

Last year was the issue with the coolant, and I distinctly called and talked with my service advisor April, to see if coolant change was included at the third year service, I told her other dealers did, and after checking she said her dealership did also. Coolant change wasn't written on the receipt when I picked car up. So I asked a service advisor if it had been done, and he came back and told me yes. Took car to American Service Center 8/20/05 for a Mercedes Club Meet and we new because of the blue color of coolant the fluid had not been changed earlier.

This August take my car in for a BAS/ESP, I asked what kind of repair job it would be, the mechanic said an easy routing of a wire through the firewall.
Make an appointment for a week later.

It turned out to be a two day affair.
Imagine this, car is a black 2002 with 5500 miles in beautiful condition.

When I went into the garage to see what was going on with my car, they had the driver side carpeting segment resting on the roof of the car, also a screwdriver was resting on the roof, drivers seat was out of the car with parts resting on it. and the fender cover was a series of shop rags tied together.

After seeing that I only said " be very careful with my baby " and I asked them not to wash my car. Didn't want to take a chance of them putting swril marks on my car.

When I pick the car up I spot a small plastic clip missing in the footwell, no big deal. Then I spot a four inch crack in the drivers side sill, I said I realize these things happen, tell me the dealer cost and I'll pay for it. They said they would take car of it under warranty.
I also see a grey spot on my seat, figure I'll go home and clean it with leatherique.
So i Ieave the dealership and in 1000 ft I get a warning display my brake lights aren't working. Right back to the dealership to get it fixed.

Go home and find out grey spot is a small hole, also find out rattle from back of car is from two anchors missing over a harness cover in the trunk.

Week later take the car into dealer to fix sill and fix anchor points and to filler and dye the seat.

Pick up car and ten miles latter when I go to use horn it doesn't work. Not a big issue, go right back to dealer, they say it isn't fuse make another appointment.

I go home and try to fix it and find anchor screws missing in fuse panel that was worked on in order to fix ESP/BAS. I get curious and see the exposed wires in the drivers footwell and missing trim pieces. Whenever I was near a dealer, the past few weeks, I would go in and check used C-class cars to see how their footwells looked, none had exposed wires like mine.

Take pictures to dealersship tonight to discuss my findings and I wasn't getting the kind of respone I wanted. Horn did turn out to be the fuse.

Let me not also forget the three time car was taken to dealer for an oil change, a few months afterwards ( remember car does under 2Kmiles a year ) when I drove on the highway I would get a warning of `too much oil in the engine - reduce oil level`.

Both time I myself did an oil change I never got a high oil level warning.

I did lose my cool at the dealership tonight, but didn't use any expletives.