PDA

View Full Version : Climate Control Problems

Rob95
10-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Hello,

Im new to this forum and have found some really good information here. I have a 2000 C280 with the digital climate control.
1. The bulb to illuminate the unit seems to be blown and I need to know if there is an alternative to the MB tools for removal of the unit.
2. The climate control now seems to shut off intermittently. There is no fan, heat, defroster etc. If I hit a moderatly hard bump on the road it responds as normal. If I dont hit a bump it will come back on after a period of time. (Varies from 2 - 20 min.)
I have found the information code readouts in the display.
Is there another way to pull trouble/ fault codes from the climate control unit itself or do I need a code scanner for this?

What could be the problem here. The car has 210 K and runs good. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thank you in advance

Rob

Denlasoul
10-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Welcome.

I;ve read that some Member's have used nail files or Swiss Army Knives to remove the climate control. I would say shell out the money and buy the proper tools. That way you reduce the chance of messing up the tool slits on the face.

As for your problems, once you remove the climate control check to see if any connections are loose. Because it works when you go over a bump, that may be the source of your problem. If you think its bad, you could easily buy one on ebay for $50.

Also, wait till some of the other Member's chime in about your cc. They may have more insightful information.

Good luck

kropsch
10-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi Rob:

The tool must be cheap. It's the same one used to remove the radio.
They are made of rigid plastic.

benzfan
10-14-2005, 04:20 PM
http://www.zdmak.com/wbstore/main.asp?action=PROD&PROD=MK-MB2RAD&CTMP=1&LowCt=0

This site is a gold mine for specialty MB tools - see P1 of the MB section for the correct spring compressor to do our cars.

jnolte
10-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by kropsch
Hi Rob:

The tool must be cheap. It's the same one used to remove the radio.
They are made of rigid plastic.

hmm mine are made of metal

dono
10-14-2005, 05:49 PM
They are metal and cost under $12.00.

Dr.Drew
10-15-2005, 01:19 PM
dealer gave me mine for free they said there suposed to come with all the cars from new.